shape
carat
color
clarity

New Setting for Engagement Ring - Ballerina Setting

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
so - I've been thinking about re setting my engagement ring diamond because while it is a beautiful stone, I really want it to have more bang and presence (the blingier the better!) on my finger. It's a round brilliant, 1.2 ct stone.
I have really fallen in love with this style setting the Natalia Diamond Baguette Halo Ring by Laura Preshong. Unfortunately she doesn't work with customer stones, so I would need to find another jeweler to make this type of style and reset my stone. My question is do any of you have any suggestions for jewelers who might be great at re-creating this style setting (keeping in mind I live in Los Angeles)? I would make some subtle changes so as not to infringe on the design copyright. I feel like it is not the type of thing just anyone can do...

Screen Shot 2020-06-22 at 10.11.50 PM.png

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Heidi Gibson

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely David Klass... I went to visit him myself and he was very nice, very willing to talk to me. I brought a diamond from JA for him to look at it and tell me what he thinks and he found the time to not only tell me that I should not keep it but also explain why. He even showed me his own diamonds to compare the quality. I tried to reach him three weeks ago, it was hard to do so via phone (Covid-19 so it might be better now) but I sent an email and he replied within 48 hours. The quote he gave me for 3-prong martini earring settings was high, though.

PS: He is located in LA Jewelry District.

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
Definitely David Klass... I went to visit him myself and he was very nice, very willing to talk to me. I brought a diamond from JA for him to look at it and tell me what he thinks and he found the time to not only tell me that I should not keep it but also explain why. He even showed me his own diamonds to compare the quality. I tried to reach him three weeks ago, it was hard to do so via phone (Covid-19 so it might be better now) but I sent an email and he replied within 48 hours. The quote he gave me for 3-prong martini earring settings was high, though.

PS: He is located in LA Jewelry District.

This is great! Thanks so much for the recommendation - I have also seen a lot of folks recommend David Klass for creating things and I don't think I realized he was in LA! Not sure if I'll be able to see him in person, but I can start out with an email :)

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
I’ve worked with DK too and he is best to reach by email. I think his prices for custom pieces are good though I had an issue with the way he set my stone, which he offered to fix.

morejewelsplease

Rough_Rock
Figured I would follow up with this project on here... I did contact David Klass to make a similar type ring to the one I posted in the first post. It's blingtastic! I initially had it made to fit seamlessly with my EC eternity band, but (and I never thought I'd say this!) but, it's a bit much! I will probably wear it with my original diamond eternity wedding band or thinking about getting a simple octagonal shaped yellow gold band to pair with it (for some color and interest). Major finger coverage!
DKPV2020-10-19---61992-BGS-01.JPG IMG_0743.JPG IMG_7406.JPG IMG_1982.JPG IMG_7985.JPG Check out the photos:

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
Figured I would follow up with this project on here... I did contact David Klass to make a similar type ring to the one I posted in the first post. It's blingtastic! I initially had it made to fit seamlessly with my EC eternity band, but (and I never thought I'd say this!) but, it's a bit much! I will probably wear it with my original diamond eternity wedding band or thinking about getting a simple octagonal shaped yellow gold band to pair with it (for some color and interest). Major finger coverage!
DKPV2020-10-19---61992-BGS-01.JPG IMG_0743.JPG IMG_7406.JPG IMG_1982.JPG IMG_7985.JPG Check out the photos:

Gorgeous creation! Agree, this ring needs to be paired with more modes band. Love the picture #2!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ballerina style ring settings are definitely not for those who are shy and reserved!

Thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out really pretty!

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely!!! I too think the band pictured is too much with that ring but it sure will make a statement on your right hand!!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
spectacular ring! i love your ballerina setting! its such a beautiful signature statement ring and so very unique! it look incredible on you! i just adore the shape of the baguette cluster and the bezeling of the center stone. it features a stronger design presence

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love it !
So much more excitting than boring halos

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! That is fabulous. Wear in health.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE a Ballerina setting. So much finger coverage and the combination of diamond shapes makes it more like a work of Art than just “a ring”.
very Blingy too.

LIGemzGal

Shiny_Rock
Wow. That's a blingtastic ring. It looks lovely on your hand. Enjoy.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually LOVE it with your eternity :kiss2:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your ring is so unique and fabulous. I love it with the eternity band! Congratulations!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
This is so beautiful and unexpected! I absolutely love a ballerina and you just don't see them much. I have a 6 ct rectangle sapphire ballerina ring that I now am inspired to bring back out!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, @morejewelsplease, it's stunning! Would you be able to share any details about the finished ring? Overall dimensions? Your finger size? Any details on the process you would like to share?

You should make a SMTB thread for this one. It really deserves to be shown off a bit!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results