shape
carat
color
clarity

New setting for 1 carat round

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Hello, ladies! This is my first post, so please be gentle as I am bowing down to your diamond wisdom.

I have a 1.01 carat round diamond that I have had in a fancy setting for a year now, and we got married in December. I will be coming into some money in a month or two, and the husband has said I can pick out a new setting. I really love this one, but it is just hard to paid bands with (the one I got does not truly match it - I''ll post a picture in a moment), and I am really itching for a plain solitaire. I plan to switch this band to my right hand with a colored stone of some kind in it.

Anyhow, I have been browsing for a fairly inexpensive solitaire setting. I like cathedral, but the biggest thing is that I prefer white gold and I want to be able to match bands with it easily - so nothing I would have to get a curved band for. I am also considering upgrading the diamond to something bigger, so a setting that could hold a 2 carat would be nice, too (a different cut is also possible, but not marquise or pear). Where do you ladies suggest?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully the image attaching works.

Monkeysringsmall.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPie - Welcome to PriceScope. I''m thinking that if you post your questions over in Rocky Talk, they may get more attention.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Fly Girl, I was actually thinking that heh. Figuring out where to post is harder than it looks!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
why not set is in a cathedral band white some side diamonds, like channel setting rounds on the shank?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I actually really like the pave settings, but my best friend has a pear cut pave ring and I was afraid it would be too similar...but that is what I have always wanted so I may get it anyway lol. I already gave up my love of pear cut diamonds for her, darn it, I want pave now!

I like this:

emeraldcutajl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results