shape
carat
color
clarity

New setting by David Klaas for my first LGD

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks to very nice members (@DejaWiz, @Kim N) of this forum I’ve found a very nice stone, a 3.4 ct. round.

I was debating during the search process, what kind of setting to choose. A halo was out of question, because for my taste the stone is big enough for „just“ a solitaire setting.

As I have already a solitaire setting with an OEC from David Klass, I was thinking of a modern looking solitaire like a Tiffany setting, as I think it fits good with a round brilliant. The setting itself is going to be done in 14k wg.

He has already sent me a CAD, and I would appreciate, if you could give your opinion. Would you change anything?

CDE0E3E2-9365-4C4C-BDB7-D8F0D125CA4F.jpeg

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to very nice members (@DejaWiz, @Kim N) of this forum I’ve found a very nice stone, a 3.4 ct. round.

I was debating during the search process, what kind of setting to choose. A halo was out of question, because for my taste the stone is big enough for „just“ a solitaire setting.

As I have already a solitaire setting with an OEC from David Klass, I was thinking of a modern looking solitaire like a Tiffany setting, as I think it fits good with a round brilliant. The setting itself is going to be done in 14k wg.

He has already sent me a CAD, and I would appreciate, if you could give your opinion. Would you change anything?

CDE0E3E2-9365-4C4C-BDB7-D8F0D125CA4F.jpeg

I think your ring will look classic, timeless, and elegant! Of course I am just a bit biased because I am all about mixed metals. ;)2 I also like the thicker shank on a ring so that it feels sturdy and substantial.

Have you decided what type of band you will pair it with, if any?

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think your ring will look classic, timeless, and elegant! Of course I am just a bit biased because I am all about mixed metals. ;)2 I also like the thicker shank on a ring so that it feels sturdy and substantial.

Have you decided what type of band you will pair it with, if any?

I’m sorry to disappoint, but the setting will be only white gold. I prefer white gold, it’s for me more neutral. I wear all 3 gold colors, and for combining I find white gold the easiest.

I have several bands, and I wear always a band with my ring matching my other jewelry.

Regarding the shank, I’m still undecided. My other ring made by him is 2 mm, and the stone is also 9 mm. I think for security the 2.2 mm would be better, but I like the esthetic of the 2 mm.

Does someone maybe have a 9.5 mm stone with a 2 mm shank.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
What a classic design! Whatever you decide on, with respect to the final details, I'm sure it will be beautiful!

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
I’m sorry to disappoint, but the setting will be only white gold. I prefer white gold, it’s for me more neutral. I wear all 3 gold colors, and for combining I find white gold the easiest.

I have several bands, and I wear always a band with my ring matching my other jewelry.

Regarding the shank, I’m still undecided. My other ring made by him is 2 mm, and the stone is also 9 mm. I think for security the 2.2 mm would be better, but I like the esthetic of the 2 mm.

Does someone maybe have a 9.5 mm stone with a 2 mm shank.

No disappointment….it will be very classy nonetheless. I am excited to see your final result as I am hoping to have a DK ring made this year after my current project is complete. :kiss2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setting looks like it's going to be beautiful! For a 9.5mm stone, I'd recommend the 2.2mm shank. It will be less likely to spin.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like a lovely setting!

This is purely a personal preference thing here, but I LOVE a "reverse taper", where it gets to 1.8mm at the shoulder where it it meets the stone, and thicker at the bottom of the ring (2.5-3mm). Gives the delicate effect from the top view, but the added weight at the bottom provides some heft and helps prevent spinning. =)

Can't wait to see this completed.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
The setting looks like it's going to be beautiful! For a 9.5mm stone, I'd recommend the 2.2mm shank. It will be less likely to spin.

I was just coming on to say this about spinning!

DK has made me 3 rings, and he does this cool thing for me where he makes the back 3mm but then tapers it to the stone so it still can get the thinner illusion but without as much spinning. The spinning drives me bonkers. Maybe see if he can do something similar for you with the back being slightly larger?

ETA: I replied before I saw @vintageinjune ! YES!! Agree - i didnt know it had a name - LOL!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks like a lovely setting!

This is purely a personal preference thing here, but I LOVE a "reverse taper", where it gets to 1.8mm at the shoulder where it it meets the stone, and thicker at the bottom of the ring (2.5-3mm). Gives the delicate effect from the top view, but the added weight at the bottom provides some heft and helps prevent spinning. =)

Can't wait to see this completed.

Thank you for your suggestion with the tapering, I have asked DK to make it taper to 2 mm at the head.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results