shape
carat
color
clarity

New setting and upgrade!

crazymom4

Rough_Rock
So this was my old setting from 20 years ago felt very dated and wanted a change something beautiful and classic, so here is my old setting 1/2 carat channel set ring.
image_479.jpg

image_478.jpg

I now have 1 carat VS1 J center stone, used all my little diamonds for the wedding band and added 18 more to the engagement ring cathedral setting with milgrain. What does every one think?

image_4260.jpg

image_4261.jpg

image_4262.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great upgrade!! It looks modern and beautiful.

Congrats and enjoy! Are you a mom of four too?

crazymom4

Rough_Rock
Thank you, yes 1 girl and 3 boys

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its just beautiful, looks elegant on your hand, and both current and timeless :appl: :love: :wavey: Congratulations on a great project!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a nice upgrade, congrats to you! And I love your new set, looks very fresh and updated, and so lovely on your hand! Love that the diamonds could be used in the band too, it turned out really well!

crazymom4

Rough_Rock
azstonie|1456540306|3996368 said:
I think its just beautiful, looks elegant on your hand, and both current and timeless :appl: :love: :wavey: Congratulations on a great project!

Thank you I was really nervous but I love it so much!

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
I love it and really love the milgrain detail on it. I too upgraded to a J color recently, 30 ur upgrade for me! Your new stone is beautiful!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new set! I'm sure you are thrilled. I love how you incorporated the diamonds in your old set into the new band. Congratulations it's beautiful! :love:

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
crazymom4|1456539858|3996365 said:
Thank you, yes 1 girl and 3 boys

1 boy and 3 girls here! I bet our households are equally crazy but in very different ways! :rodent:

Gorgeous upgrade!!!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, love the cathedral and the whole set is just beautiful!! Congratulations, enjoy and wear it in health!! :appl:

PieNecessity

Rough_Rock
Aw I love it! I think it looks so wonderfully elegant on your hand. Congrats!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful reset :love: It's great that you could reuse the diamonds of your former set.
You new set looks very sophisticated and classic, yet very 'now'. Your set looks stunning on your finger. Congrats!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful reset! I think it looks so different from the first set - modern and clean! Enjoy!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
It looks wonderful! Timeless and to be treasured for decades to come. ^.^

alongcat

Rough_Rock
So pretty! Loving all the beautiful bling on here today, enjoying browsing as I'm waiting for my daughter to fall asleep :) it's a beautiful upgrade and looks extremely stylish and elegant. Well done you xx

crazymom4

Rough_Rock
Downsy|1456544995|3996427 said:
I love it and really love the milgrain detail on it. I too upgraded to a J color recently, 30 ur upgrade for me! Your new stone is beautiful!

Thank you I love the slight warmth of J. Congratulations on 30 years!

crazymom4

Rough_Rock
alongcat|1456602165|3996660 said:
So pretty! Loving all the beautiful bling on here today, enjoying browsing as I'm waiting for my daughter to fall asleep :) it's a beautiful upgrade and looks extremely stylish and elegant. Well done you xx

Thank you! I am really happy the way it turned out thank goodness my local jeweler was so patient with me lol!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! The millgrain is SO delicate!

Q

Queenie60

Your new rings are a nice upgrade and very classic. They look lovely. Enjoy :wavey: :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another 3 boys and 1 girl mom here - I LOVE your upgrade! So elegant and classic!!! Sp sweet that you could use the diamonds for your wedding band - very sentimental!!!! Enjoy your new set!!!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a great update! I love the little milgrain on it. Nice redo!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful upgrade and I love that you used the small diamonds from your original set. :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! It looks so lovely and elegant on your hand! :appl: Congratulations! :clap:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: I think this set is such a beautiful and timeless style!

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
The diamond looks so bright now! I'm going to post the "before" shots of a ring this week. A lot of people don't even know that diamonds can be reset. I love how timeless you made it.

crazymom4

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all the lovely comments on my ring!

crazymom4

Rough_Rock
Marquise_Madness|1456724198|3997202 said:
The diamond looks so bright now! I'm going to post the "before" shots of a ring this week. A lot of people don't even know that diamonds can be reset. I love how timeless you made it.

Thank you, at first I wasn't sure I was going to do the whole reset, my husband chose the first style and I felt guilty for not loving it, but after talking to him all that was important to him was that I was happy and that I was going to love my rings. I am so happy the way they turned out, I can't stop staring at them and because I used the smaller diamonds in my wedding band means even more to me.

crazymom4

Rough_Rock
marcy|1456700052|3997111 said:
Beautiful upgrade and I love that you used the small diamonds from your original set. :appl:

Yes that was really important to me that I had some of my old ring in my new one. I'm sentimental like that :love:

Marquise_Madness

Shiny_Rock
crazymom4|1456761867|3997329 said:
Thank you, at first I wasn't sure I was going to do the whole reset, my husband chose the first style and I felt guilty for not loving it, but after talking to him all that was important to him was that I was happy and that I was going to love my rings. I am so happy the way they turned out, I can't stop staring at them and because I used the smaller diamonds in my wedding band means even more to me.

My mother absolutely hated the engagement ring she received in 1989 and she got an entire new bridal set in 2003 or 2004. She went from a .75ct Marquise in a similar setting to yours (but more angular, yellow gold, and baguette accents instead of small round ones) to a ~2ct Princess Cut with baguettes stepping down the side and in platinum. It cost a lot more money than resetting the original set, but she's happy now. I'm so glad you got something that suits you and you were able to use the set he proposed to you with!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results