shape
carat
color
clarity

New selection at Wildfish Gems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I just got my update from Ed at Wildfish Gems:

Friends,

If you have a dire financial time but still want some beauty and thrill in your life, we recommend choosing from this new parcel of African budget sapphires:

0.9 Blue Green Shield
0.81 Multicolor Oval
0.94 Silvery Myrtle Green Emerald Shape
1.6 Ocean Blue Brilliant
0.97 Multicolor Emerald Shape
0.83 Deep Green Blue Oval
1.1 Midnight Blue Emerald Shape
0.88 Fancy Cut Cold Green Blue
2.1 Mild Green Blue Oval
0.4 Emerald Shape Purple
0.7 Color Change (CC) Brilliant
0.6 CC Emerald Shape
0.5 CC Square
Or, try here:
1.7 Burmese Star Ruby (see the little sister star)
0.8 & 0.6 red-red Tanzanian Rubies
1.0 Emerald Shaped Burmese Ruby
1.8 Vietnamese Star Ruby
1.6 & 1.8 Brilliant Yellow Sapphire
1.3 CC Green/Purple Oval
1.2 & 0.65 & 0.63 ultra-fine Burmese blues (!)
2.3 Tumbled cabochon Burmese blue
1.3 Brilliant Deep Kashmir blue
1.6 Brilliant River Blue Montana
2.5 Crazy CS Violet/Purple (!)
2.4 Multicolored Emerald Shape
1.0 Brilliant Purple Montana
NEW: Chose your own cut!
Here are two fine rough Montana sapphire:
Roundish 11 carat and longish 8 carat.
Finally, my personal dire-time offer:
If you lost your job, or your savings, but urgently need an engagement ring or a gemstone as a present, write to us. We will contribute a sapphire or two or three. Free of charge. No strings.
As always
Yours,

Edward Bristol

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gailey,

Thank you so much for posting this. I am off to check his website.

Linda

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a section of his site with only the new updates? I''ve never been to this one before.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 1:11:22 PM
Author:Gailey

If you lost your job, or your savings, but urgently need an engagement ring or a gemstone as a present, write to us. We will contribute a sapphire or two or three. Free of charge. No strings.

As always

Yours,

Edward Bristol

This is just the sweetest thing.

I can''t find an updates section either, and I''ve always hated their search function. The blue-green rough is really intriguing.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting. Off to look!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t find it either.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I don''t believe he has one. I was hoping the links would show up in my post, but they didn''t.

I''m sure if you e-mail Ed, he will send you the same e-mail he sent me. The sizes of the stones are the links to the actual stones.

I''d re-do the post with all the links, but I was out all day yesterday and have a ton of jobs to do at home today!

If there''s a stone anyone is particularly interested in, let me know and I''ll find a way to post it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to look at these...I also HATE their search function. I avoid the site because it''s so difficult to navigate They really need to do something about that...

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
There are several "New Arrivals" in their "Bargain Gemstones" area.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
mercoledi, yes that is totally sweet of him.
Good karma too.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else find their stones Insanely expensive? What is with that?

But, yes, much good karma to Ed for that one. How wonderful is he !

E B

Ideal_Rock
I know ZIP about colored stones, but that 1.6 ct Montana Sapphire looks lovely to me. Anyone got $1980 I can borrow?
3.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:01:52 PM
Author: EBree
I know ZIP about colored stones, but that 1.6 ct Montana Sapphire looks lovely to me. Anyone got $1980 I can borrow?
3.gif
This one? It's pretty but I do find their prices to be high. I think that they're color, not cut people. Personally I shoot for both. That montana looks to be well cut, but many others are kinda wonky.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:04:44 PM
Author: mercoledi

This one? It's pretty but I do find their prices to be high. I think that they're color, not cut people. Personally I shoot for both. That montana looks to be well cut, but many others are kinda wonky.
Ditto, as I have seen several gems with wonderful color on their site, but have hesitated due to the cut. However, I think this is because I am so used to looking at cuts from some of our beloved cutters. As we know, color will definitely drive up the price of a colored gem, then cut. Still though, I am not sure how competitive their pricing is, even if they focus more on color, than cut. I have seen nice looking native cuts on their site though.

That Montana sapphire is beautiful!

I like the color on this spinel: http://www.wildfishgems.com/inc/sdetail/4260
Though a tourmaline, it has a "pad" color (more on the pinkish side though): http://www.wildfishgems.com/inc/sdetail/4091
The picture is out of focus, but I also like the color of this rhodolite: http://www.wildfishgems.com/inc/sdetail/3872

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:04:44 PM
Date: 3/3/2009 6:01:52 PM

Author: EBree

3.gif

This one? It''s pretty but I do find their prices to be high. I think that they''re color, not cut people. Personally I shoot for both. That montana looks to be well cut, but many others are kinda wonky.

That''s the one!
30.gif
I wonder what it looks like in all lighting conditions. Not that I have $2k to spend on a sapphire, but if I did, I''d want one on the lighter side.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 1:26:29 PM

Date: 3/3/2009 1:11:22 PM
Author:Gailey

As always

Yours,

Edward Bristol

This is just the sweetest thing.

I can''t find an updates section either, and I''ve always hated their search function. The blue-green rough is really intriguing.
That is the sweetest thing. I''m so glad I clicked on this thread. What a lovely person.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 4:27:30 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I want to look at these...I also HATE their search function. I avoid the site because it''s so difficult to navigate They really need to do something about that...
drives me nuts, too. I can''t look there too long because I lose patience.

Edward Bristol

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Yes, but I must tell you that the quality of original native cutting in Burma is bad beyond wildest imagination.

Our stock is already re-cut.

As I said lately to my Burmese partner: Native Burmese cuts often have the shape of the stuff that find in my daughters pampers.

Sri Lankas cutters are not too bad, I may add, if you do some search. But we are also starting to cut in Idar-oberstein, so hopefully I get closer to the artist world of cutting.

I see I must get more into data-mining for the search function, than into gem-mining. Unfortunately I have two left hands with software...
About updates: If you subscribe to the newsletter on my site you get a monthly list with links to all new gems as the one above (I hope this is OK with the pricescope-rules since the question was how to find new stock).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ed,
I love looking at the gems on your website but it takes forever to load and is a pain to navigate. Please consider redoing it or getting a professional (or a knowledgeable friend) to help out.

Edward Bristol

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Chrono,

I think that must be your connection, or the way your PC loads images.

I am hearing exactly the opposite from other people, and in test-runs my page is much faster than most others.

For example this is a good place for testing website speed independently from your own connection, if you are interested in the topic:
http://www.selfseo.com/website_speed_test.php

If you e.g. test NSC and us or cherry-picked, you can see that our page needs 20% of the time NSC needs to load, but uploads twice as much data (because of the picture quality)

Of course, detailed pictures need loading. That is a simple question of amount of pixels. The more data the longer it takes.

I agree our search is lacking because it is not data-based but text-based. But that would be a years job to change.

On the other side, text based data gives you much more room for grading information than just four or five data-input-fields, which then can be searched more industrial.

In this stuff one always needs to look at the pros and cons on many levels. It is not that easy. Some people, professionals mostly, prefer to search e.g. "1-1.2 carat, round, blue" with 100% correct out-put, others love to stroll and look at photos and read about gems.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if you want feedback on your site? But I will say that it does load fast for me. My issue with it is that overall the layout is not visually appealing. It''s not streamlined enough for my tastes. Things are just plopped all over the screen - specifically the home page. I''m not familiar enough with your site to know where the newest stones of a certain category end up? Will they appear first on their specific pages? There should be some kind of organization to those pages. Whether that means we can sort by price, size etc. That would be a good feature. As for the problem acknowledged in this thread - it would be easy enough to make a page of all your newest updates. Just add a tab or a link. That page would change content every time you release an update. That would be easy right?

lavenderlill

Rough_Rock
When searching for gems are most of you usually looking for something very specific when you search a site? Like an exact carat weight or dimension? Do you find that you always are attracted to custom cut gems?

I''m finding that rich color really speaks to me the most so I am usually browsing casually through sites to see what grabs me before I buy. I don''t usually have a specific goal in mind.

A lot of the sites that I like are image heavy and all of these seem to be hit or miss on loading times depending on how my internet is behaving that day.

Why I keep coming back to Ed''s site is that I know the colors are just what nature created and I love the photos.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2009 9:25:31 AM
Author: Edward Bristol

Chrono, sorry if I sounded unfriendly, I do appreciate feed-back. Just had a bad day.

We have updated the search fuctions and I will work on the rest.

No, not curt at all. Maybe I do have slower connection compared to others, but even at work, it''s rather slow compared to other gemstone websites I visit.
33.gif
I understand it''s difficult to advertise when you have a large inventory but I also agree that a more intuitive search function would be helpful as well as a more "organized" layout. That said, I like the comments that you post for each individual stone - they really help me in understanding the stone because pictures can''t capture the beauty (or not so beautiful) of the gemstone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results