shape
carat
color
clarity

new sapphires, what do you think?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I also prefer the champagne one, but are our pictures true to the actual color of the stones? The champagne stone appears to have a slight brown modifier in your picture that is not shown in the NSC picture.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I dont' want to be a debi downer but I'm so not a fan of the NSC so my response will sort of base on that. To me both of the stones don't scream yellow sapphire. They look more like a citrine so I would return both and look for a yellow sapphire with better color....however if that is the shade you are going for then it shouldn't matter what we think as long as you LOVE the color!

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
I think both sapphires are over-priced by a long shot, and a muddy color.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look like inexpensive citrines.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very overpriced for the colour. Also, how accurate are your pictures? They don't look anything like the ones from NSC.

gongli

Rough_Rock
i think the one on the right looks better in your photo. i think these would be considered "uncertified" sapphires, since they're not certified by an independent lab, which is something that is important to some sapphire buyers. as the old "song" goes, most sapphires are heated, and yellow sapphires can be irradiated from clear, so an independent lab report often makes the purchaser more confident. id also be curious to see some links to better priced certified untreated sapphires of comparable quality. :twirl:

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I think the price is WAY too much for those, wouldn't keep either.

amertrine

Rough_Rock
Ok, fair enough. The stones are prettier irl but then I know everyone says that.

I'm not sure if I'm sold on them either. I am struggling to find anything better for under $1000, around a carat, oval top face, brilliant-ish bottom and a light yellowy-orange colour. I'm pretty scared that if I say no to these that I will find anything that is more what I wanted.

If anyone has seen anything they think would suit me please let me know.....

thanks -A

amertrine

Rough_Rock
Thanks brandy. i'm a little put off by the scratch-like pattern across the face though. I'm gonna have a look thru the rest of that shop tho see if theres anything else.
-A

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock

amertrine

Rough_Rock
really appreciating the help.

I had previously looked at that acs round but it wont fit the design I have in mind for it. Very pretty though.

And you are right though inclusions may look much less irl, that said I really want something that is eye clean- at least in the centre of the stone. I'd be surprised if they look *that* much nicer irl.

I'll take a look at the ebay stones tho.

:D

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i'd keep searching.....

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry, I'm not keen either.

Have a look at www.ajs.com

amertrine

Rough_Rock
lovindiamonds- they dont have anything suitable but thanks for the suggestion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results