shape
carat
color
clarity

New Sapphire

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
I was wondering what one might pay (approximately) for a sapphire such as the one posted in the pictures below. It's about 2.5 carats, heated (no BE treatment), with a small inclusion which is visible to the eye under close inspection. To me, saturation appears to be medium. It shows definite violet tones, though in most lighting it is more of a conflower blue color. The overall color is pleasing to me. I'm not attempting to score a top color sapphire, as it would definitely break the bank...my bank at least.... I genuinely love this stone and think it's a keeper (for me), but I also want to be cautious with regard to money. That stated, I'm not looking for anyone to tell me exactly what the stone is worth, just look for ballpark ideas....
Thanks!

s.jpg

sapp2+1.jpg

sapp2+2.jpg

sap3.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Looking at a few sites to compare, I would say around the $3k mark.

However it all depends on how accurate the photographs are - small differences in saturation and colour could make a massive difference - I've looked at 2.5ct heated stones for $6k and others for $1.5k. Over the 2.5ct mark there is a big price premium.

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Hi Pandora,
Thanks for the response. The photos of the sapphire are pretty accurate, though a bit "washed out" in comparison to the real life color. I think this might be because they were taken with my cell phone... I know it's difficult to gauge costs with sapphires, due to all the different variables involved, so I do appreciate that you were willing to give some feedback.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pleasant looking sapphire and I like it. For pricing, have a look around here:

http://www.gemfix.com/sapphire_blue.html
A 2 ct is about $2K thereabouts. See sapphire #985 that is heat only, precision cut and even comes with an AGL memo. It is listed as a medium blue and looks possibly comparable to what you showed. The more intensely coloured #956 is about $3K for a 2 ct stone.

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Chrono, Gemfix has some pretty amazing sapphires... those vivid, glowy royal blues blow my mind. The color of #985 is similar to the color of the sapphire I posted, but on my monitor it looks a bit lighter than what I'm seeing of the sapphire I have IRL. To me, the color looks closer to #971, perhaps even darker depending on the light. It doesn't black out, though. It has some pretty lively flashes of color. I paid about $1k for the stone, so I think I did alright.

That said, my dream color sapphire is more like #982!! Or Making the Grade's new sapphire....the color of her stone is incredible.
:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results