shape
carat
color
clarity

New Sapphire Ring - Finished

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

day_lily_me

Rough_Rock
I just picked up my ring that I had posted about several weeks or so ago for help while looking for a sapphire for it. I bought the one that Mr. Glickman sent me from Thailand. It just fit my mounting to my way of thinking and I am very please with it. Actually that is an understatment - I love it. And boy, the stuff I''ve learned from this site! Thanks to everybody! Now I''m addicted to this stuff and can''t seem to absorb enough information. And to think - all I had to do was ask! Thanks again!

Image022 (2).JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Breathtaking. Nicely done!!

cheers

Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful. Love that color blue and the setting is very pretty also.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!
love.gif
I remember that thread. I'm glad you found an EC sapphire that is not only a gorgeous blue but fits the ring setting too.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Hot damn! That's a gorgeous, electric blue!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!
love.gif
what a fabulous ring!!
3.gif
Such a gorgeous blue - very nicely done!!
appl.gif

Blue Eyes

Shiny_Rock
Unbelieveable!! You're my idol !!!!! Fabulous ring. Specs on the stone and setting, please !!!!!

raddygast

Shiny_Rock
Forgive me, I don't mean to pry, but...

How big is that sapphire, and how much does a stone so big and so intensely blue actually cost? I have no clue... I really don't know what 1500 to 2000 USD will get me.

day_lily_me

Rough_Rock
Okay, okay, y'all are too nice. Anyway, I'm glad you liked my new sapphire bling. The stone is 3.11 carats and is 7x10.1 mm and is 3.9 mm deep. The cost you want to know? It was $585 per carat making the total 1819.35 plus $5.00 for shipping. I found one locally that I really like but it was too small - but only slightly. I wanted and thought the ring needed, a stone that was as long as that strip of princess cut diamonds that ran along each side. The stone that was local ran $450 per carat although I don't think it was nearly as pretty. This fellow from Thailand, Mr. Dave Glickman, also has a web site, http://www.americans-in-bangkok.com/ if anyone cares to look him up. I wrote to him and he VOLUNTEERED to send me this stone to evaluate at no cost to me or obligation. It would only cost me $5.00 for postage, although I didn't pay that up front. I guess I was naive to think that this isn't done all the time but I didn't. But at any rate, I'm thrilled with all aspects of it - especially since I had my heart set on an emerald cut. Scott recommended that I be sure to have it set with a laser - which I did. And Moguk told me about the reputation of Dave Glickman in Thailand and gem circles. How could I go wrong with so much advice - and from experts at that! Thanks again everyone.

raddygast

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I've only just begun my sapphire education, but that price you mentioned seems exceptionally good for what the thing actually looks like. Am I wrong?

I was thinking about spending 1000 to 1500 US on a sapphire but figured I could only get something verging on 1ct, probably even less. Maybe I'm just looking at all the wrong places. That stone is major bling! 3.11 cts would for sure be too much for the dainty little finger I intend to be the bearer.

I'll check out that site. Man, nice ring!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 10/22/2004 1:50:53 AM raddygast wrote:

Ok, I've only just begun my sapphire education, but that price you mentioned seems exceptionally good for what the thing actually looks like. Am I wrong?

----------------

Noooooo ! 1 carat for that price ? I did miss that point in your posts.

day_lily_me

Rough_Rock
I thought maybe you might want to contact Dave Glickman (although I noticed on his web site that it is very outdated) to possibly locate a stone for the e-ring you're thinking about. Before I let him send the stone, Moguk from my old original thread informed me that he was a well respected individual in the business in Thailand and practiced law as well (my stone came in a legal size envelope between two pieces of cardboard) with his legal logo on it). But first, before you get too excited, let me tell you that this stone is heat-treated. I know that you might not want to consider that but it didn't bother me and I needed size as well as a pretty stone and that's all my budget would allow. I still think you should be able to get a smaller stone within your budget though if you shop around. Scott thought he had something in his stash that might work for me but after checking, it turned out he didn't. But I couldn't be happier with it and that's who counts, isn't it? I do want to follow your search through to the end though so keep us all posted on any discoveries.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Add my voice to the ones saying How absolutely beautiful!

coldfusion

Rough_Rock
What an awesome colored stone. Beautiful ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results