shape
carat
color
clarity

New Rules

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I would like to make an announcement.We decided to take some actions to avoid mistakes of other forums. In order to keep this forum free from aggression, competitive rhetoric and abuses we’ve added new rules, which everyone must obey to be able to participate in the forum.The new addition to the forum policy is:MERCHANTS: You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to promote your own services and products. You agree that you will not engage in competitive rhetoric with other merchants and will keep posts friendly and purely informative to consumers, as this is the philosophy behind RockyTalky and PriceScope. The moderator will remove posts that violate these rules. We reserve the right to remove merchants who repeatedly violate these rules from PriceScope.If a merchant wants to offer his/her services or products it should be done in private correspondence.Because of this new policy, I will remove all previous postings that contradict with the new rules.leonid/pricescope

bacon

Rough_Rock
Leonid-It will be nice not reading ads for sellers. Your request sounds very reasonable to me. I can't see how those rules could effect normal discussion.JoeB

basnjas

Rough_Rock
Leonid,Since I just joined today, I want to be clear about the guidelines. Let's say that there is an article or picture that I want to direct consumers attention to, for learning purposes only, can I post the website here? As you know, I'm not a vendor so I have no stake in directing people anywhere. But I've found certain sites have stuff that has taught me alot and I'd like other newbies to see things from the source.Also, can we post pictures here? If so, how?
smile.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Joe!Our motivation is to avoid potential confrontation between merchants on the forum that cannot help consumers anyway. There is no restriction for anybody to participate in the forum to share his/her insight on the discussed topics or helping consumers in making right purchasing decisions.However our philosophy is that it should not be done as an advertisement of own goods or services because it will lead to competition between merchants and can provoke conflicts and abuses. We believe that if a consumer is interested in getting more info on services of particular vendor, he/she might contact him/her in private correspondence.We also believe that if an expert is really willing to spare his/her precious time on helping and educating consumers without self-promotion (like you Joe) people will always appreciate it and his/her efforts will be rewarded.PriceScope price-comparison engine itself is a powerful instrument for price advertising. There are several advertising program available for those who is interested to promote special services and goods. But the forum should not become a market place aimed to make more sales.We are always open and grateful for any constructive critics and suggestions on how to improve the forum.Thanks again!leonid/pricescope

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Iceman!I guess I made mistake by removing some posts without informing the authors.I apologize for that.leonid/pricescope

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Basnjas, It's perfectly fair to share your own experience and refer to other sources of information. Every one will only benefit from that.I also believe that a simple note like “contact us for more information” will do no harm if an expert/vendor wants to share information/experience/knowledge and does it in pure academic manner.We are constantly working to improve the site and its forum to make it more comfortable for every one.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
To add a picture to your posting simply include URL of the image between UBB tags:
and .Note: the "http://" part of the URL is REQUIRED for the codeFor assistance click on the "UBB Code is ON" link (left from the posting box). There are other tricks with the codes.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
If the Iceman gets out of line fell free to take off my post , I will not be hurt
smile.gif
I will try my best not to talk trash
smile.gif
But , I have never held back on speaking the truth or how I feel
smile.gif
This is a great site , keep up the good work. Nuff said
The Iceman
"Know Your Role"

StevL

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Great site! Keep up the good work!------------------

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results