shape
carat
color
clarity

New RUBY ring with photo overload

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Just got my new ruby ring :appl: It is a 2.55 ct mozambique ruby, with two gem reports, one from EMIL Japan, and one from AIGS. Both report no indication of heat process. It is 10.07 x 7.67 mm. Oh, and it has strong flouresence :love:

The first photos are from the setting vendor.

b132%20(1).jpg
$(KGrHqN,!pUE7BcvhO(5BP0j88M2Yg~~60_3.jpg
b132%20(4).jpg

Now the pics I took.

IMGP3090.jpg
IMGP3088.jpg
IMGP3091.jpg
IMGP3098.jpg
IMGP3099.jpg

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!!

Absolutely beautiful!!

Where did you get the gemstone?

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Thanks TGE. The photos from the setting vendor just don't do the stone justice. It looks much more IRL in the photos I took. It's really dreamy and I can't stop looking at it. I found the stone from (hold your hands over your ears...) an ebay vendor. But it has two gem reports from reputable companies, and that's ok with me.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, and gorgeous ring! Wear it in good health!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was hoping you'll post about the new ruby! How would you compare it to the vendor's pictures? I thought it looked very transparent in their pictures but it looks silky in yours. How about colour accuracy?

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Chrono, actually, my photos don't capture the color well either. The stone is very much like the original vendor's pics, color wise and clarity wise. The red is actually better than the vendor's shots, more stop light red, no orange or purple. I'll have to try and take some outdoor photos, maybe that will catch the clarity and fire I can see IRL.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Red is really hard to capture on photos. Congratulations on your ring.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your ring! I like the colour and the saturation of the red... to me, its' a beautiful ruby! I like it in hte YG setting - how are you feeling about the setting in the YG???

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Enerchi, I'm lovin it in yellow. I went for 18k yg. I do have several rubies in white also, and I like that too, but this was a bigger stone and I thought yellow would be warmer. In fact, I really don't mind mixing my metals. It is a shame that I can't capture the color and clarity... It actually leans more toward crystal, with natural junk in the trunk, and shards of red fire shooting out of it. I was reading that maybe using LED lighting for the shot might give me a better photo, but I don't have one...yet!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go get that LED light! We need shard and crystal shots! OOOOOh and macros too! :appl:

I love that stone - the colour is really appealing and I can't resist a pear!

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
So I didn't get the LED light...yet...but I tried a little sunlight and a halogen lamp I have, I think the photos are a little better. You can maybe see more of the crystal and a little of the fire, but still not as nice as IRL. Anyway, here's some more:

IMGP3147.jpg
IMGP3154.jpg
IMGP3155.jpg
IMGP3150.jpg
IMGP3145.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ruby! Congrats on getting it.

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi - thank you. I have been collecting gems, and jewelry in general, for a LONG time. But it seems lately I've been buying and setting a lot of pear shapes - my emerald I recently set, and this stone, and I still have the tsavorite I got from Tan, and a new little mahenge spinel that came in the mail just yesterday. But I think I'm starting to be attracted to the sparkle factor in the round shapes. :sun:

Derby gal- thank you so much. I'm lovin it. Wish it was'nt so hard to get a good shot of rubies. Maybe some photo taking experts will see this post and give me some hints on taking ruby photos. Anyway, once, and if I ever learn how to, I have several other ruby rings I'd like to photograph and share... One is a VERY crystal Burma ruby, 1.70ct, I bought in the late 80s. It also needs a reset.

You know, it would be fantastic and a dream come true to be able to have a 5+ct untreated or even heat only top crystal Burma stone, but until that time comes, I'm gonna enjoy what I Can get and what I have :D

familynurse

Rough_Rock
I love your ring. It is awe inspiring. The color and glow of the ruby with the diamonds and gleam of the gold make quite an impact. It is lovely. BTW when you get your 5 carat ruby , if you are embarrassed by the size of this one I will be happy to take it off your hand. :Up_to_something: Enjoy wearing it and thanks for sharing your pictures.

minerva22

Rough_Rock
The ring looks wonderful! I love the colour of the ruby and it goes really well with the yellow gold :)

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Familynurse and Minerva22 - thank you so much. I'm at work today and wearing it. LOVE it more and more. The 18k YG was the only way to go IMO. And the ruby keeps it strong RED color in all lighting, even full sun. I have no regrets. Oh, and the setting which was made to fit the stone, has excellent, VS clean diamonds that sparkle like crazy.

missk8

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! Love the setting, too. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results