carat
color
clarity

New Rings...but need assistance/advice.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey All!

Long time member, but haven't been back to the forums for...well...a really long time! I recently got some new bling and wanted to share! I also had a question to ask.
I purchased these stones back in 2016, and then learned that stones are relatively inexpensive, settings are pricey! The first ring is a purple sapphire and it is absolutely perfect! Forgive the wrinkly fingers. The sapphire looks really dark, but it is a lovely dark lavender shade.

1713624136925.png

The second is a blue topaz and, well I'm not super pleased w/how it's set. I'm trying to convey this to the jeweler (whom I've purchased from before and been happy). To me the stone looks too big for the setting, as in the prongs bow out around the stone from the setting rather than coming straight up from the gold. Hopefully these pictures convey this. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

1713624235006.png

1713624666124.png 1713624621351.png
1713624710260.png
1713624293080.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new rings are lovely @Cozystitches !

I think the problem is the settings probably come in standard sizes (mm for the stones) and your stone is a tad large for the size its
in but probably too small for the next bigger size. I would ask I&R how it would look in the next size up. Do you know how many
mm the stone is?

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new rings are lovely @Cozystitches !

I think the problem is the settings probably come in standard sizes (mm for the stones) and your stone is a tad large for the size its
in but probably too small for the next bigger size. I would ask I&R how it would look in the next size up. Do you know how many
mm the stone is?

I would agree, except the setting had to be remade for my stone. I looked at the CAD and the CAD looked like it fit the stone. But this does not. I'm really hoping they can fix it. :( The topaz is about 7.35mm (if I read the email correctly). I've sent the pictures to them and hopefully we can figure something out. I have had these stones for so very long and would really like to wear them, I'm just very disappointed in the Topaz one. :(

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, if they did make it specifically for your stone then they should be able to make it bigger (redo CAD/ring). Did the CADs
have the stone size on it? DK puts the stone size on his CADs.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, if they did make it specifically for your stone then they should be able to make it bigger (redo CAD/ring). Did the CADs
have the stone size on it? DK puts the stone size on his CADs.

Here's the CAD

Last edited by a moderator:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well....heck...not sure how to delete

maybe delete the post or if its too late to edit report your own post and ask admin
i mean we are all completly normal on the net- no weirdos lurking at all
i love your rings, i hope you get them sorted

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear the topaz ring is not up to standards. That sapphire is really pretty.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you to the admins who deleted my picture <3 Here's the CAD again:

1713707939137.png

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring does look like the CAD. It’s hard to tell if there were measurement issues bc they didn’t send the diagrams with measurements. That image is just the rendering.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results