shape
carat
color
clarity

New ring...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ijswan

Rough_Rock
Well, I lurked around here a lot while making all of the necessary decisions on this thing. I have to say it was extremely helpful. I settled on a 1.1ct G/SI1 from Whiteflash and a .23 G/IF from Blue Nile. As for the setting, a friend of mine cast the ring in palladium white gold from a bunch of drawings that we collaborated on. Let me know what you think!

IMGP0197.jpg

ijswan

Rough_Rock
More...

final0167.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
WOW.. That is very unique and cool!! Thanks for sharing it... It turned out beautiful!!!

ijswan

Rough_Rock
And more...

IMGP0205.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool design!!!

ijswan

Rough_Rock
Thanks!! I hope she likes it too.... I have to say that I was really hoping to get something sculptural looking -- I wanted to get away from that factory look. I think it turned out pretty nice, and it stuck pretty close to the original concept drawings!

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 2:02:12 PM
Author:ijswan
Well, I lurked around here a lot while making all of the necessary decisions on this thing. I have to say it was extremely helpful. I settled on a 1.1ct G/SI1 from Whiteflash and a .23 G/IF from Blue Nile. As for the setting, a friend of mine cast the ring in palladium white gold from a bunch of drawings that we collaborated on. Let me know what you think!
ijswan, congratulations on your unique ring...very nice! I hope your gf likes it and that all goes well for the two of you :}

susi

Shiny_Rock
I think sculpted pieces are good looking! This wedding set is just lovely! Like a work of art on the finger!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Don''t forget to come back with hand shots, please!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool the two stones look very different from each other. Are they?

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Oh how lovely.... I personally love unique and artistic design like this, I am sure your girl will too!!!!

ijswan

Rough_Rock
I think the lighting in this setup (on a piece of irredescent glass) is messing with the stone color ever so slightly. I bought them both as "G" and in person they seem to match very well. The cut quality is also well matched. What may also be a factor is the prong setting on the larger stone and the bezel for the smaller, but this is just a guess.

I think together they capture a sort of art-nouveau feel, and I''m pretty happy with it (especially in the third picture). Anyway, I''ll definitely post some more pictures!! (Also to note: my jeweler is making a dvd of the entire process from design to final product -- very fun!!)

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Photographing skill is superb too. Did you take these?

ijswan

Rough_Rock
No - these are actually taken by the jeweler for his portfolio. It''s on a plate of irridescent glass on a slab of black polished granite. They were taken outside under a sort of light tent.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow....what a unique design. It is such a cool looking ring, very avantgarde! I''m sure she will love the creative design you did for her.
36.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
How cool! I love the uniqueness of the design. Be sure to come back with some hand pics after you propose!!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Very unique...great stones too!!!
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely! Fluid and tasteful. Congrats. Hand pics please!

cheers--Sharon

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Wow this is very unique, it''s great!!!

One question, who is represented in the larger and smaller stones between you and your future fiancee?? hahaha

but seriously, it''s really cool and can''t wait to see hand pics.

Out of curiosity, why didn''t you get both stones from the same vendors??

ijswan

Rough_Rock
Yes - I will definitely post hand shots when the time comes! On the stones: I wanted the smaller one to be *small* so that the overall design would work out, but I also wanted the same color grade and high cut quality as the larger stone to make everything look as uniform as possible. As I recall, finding something that small at Whiteflash was difficult for some reason (maybe because I didn''t look hard enough), and Blue Nile had a pretty sizable (and obvious) selection around the quarter carat mark.... I shelled out for the cut on both, but I think it pays off.

By the way, I can certainly put anyone in touch with my friend, as I think he would be happy to work with other people on other interesting projects...

ijswan

Rough_Rock
A few more, for the record...

IMGP0128.jpg

ijswan

Rough_Rock
and...

IMGP0369.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what an architectural and artistic piece! Is your girlfriend the artistic type or into design? Just curious! Good luck with the proposal!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a cool and interesting design!!!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
What a cool design! I love it!

Like pieces of a puzzle they fit together wonderfully, like yin and yang they balance each other out to achieve perfect harmony.

What a wonderful testament to your future lives together!

Please post hand pictures, I'd love to see how this looks on your lovely bride-to-be!

Congratulations on bringing your unique design to life and, of course, on your engagement!

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Wow it''s really cool.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very Unique Ring..Nice Curves and flow to this design..
21.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a cool setting, I''ve never seen anything like it. It looks very well made as well. Congratulations!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hand shots!! Please!~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results