shape
carat
color
clarity

New Ring Setting..... can''t take good pics!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
So I have waited 3 weeks for my new setting and it finally came this morning!!!!!! It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and I am so excited over my purchase. Many of you where helpful in my new setting dilema that lasted for over a year because I did not want to spend the money, but after keeping it in the original setting for over a year and being not 100% happy, I went with a simple cathedral setting which I ended up not being pleased with after a few days. Well after a long talk with the hubby and his approval I opted for the original setting that I wanted even though it was more costly. I went with a halo setting which came out beautiful. I also ended up getting a matching band with it and will wear my original wedding band alone or as a rhr. So I have waited so long to take these pics and even though I bought a new camera and all, 7.0 mp, etc, I cannot get a good pic of this ring. The closeups are all blurry. Anyone have any suggestions??? I am eager to show off the ring!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you might be tooooo close. if the background is more clear than anything else, that is definitely the problem. make sure the ring and the camera are very still. try using the autofocus feature and let the camera do the work.
there are many threads on taking pics. try doing a search for more ideas.

tshirtqueen

Rough_Rock
Hi there! I just got a new camera too! It allows me to choose whether I am focusing on people, or objects and also has a magnify setting which is the only way I can take close-ups of my jewelry. Hope this helps! Can''t wait to see your pcitures!

Jean

Shiny_Rock
I do not have a macro setting on this new camera! I will try and use my old one in the morning in the sun and see what I can get.. Thanks all and I cannot wait to share.
emdog.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to seeing it!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 8:48:36 PM
Author: Shana Jean
I do not have a macro setting on this new camera! I will try and use my old one in the morning in the sun and see what I can get.. Thanks all and I cannot wait to share.
emdog.gif
Are you sure? No little flower icon or anything? It seems most if not all digicams in the last couple of years have a macro setting. It really helps for taking closeups!

Jean

Shiny_Rock
No flower!!! I am shocked it does not have one.... it is a polaroid a700, 7.0 megapixel.... takes awesome pics of my dogs :) but no macro!!! Anyone else have this camera??

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Shana, you can take pictures from a distance as belle advised and then send originals, not optimised pictures to me and i will pull out a close up of your ring.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Oh, that is so helpful!! Thank you!! I should I send them to you?
emdog.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results