shape
carat
color
clarity

New ring, keeper or not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, I just received a ring I ordered from Overstock. Problem is, I don''t know if it looks funny on my hands, honest opinions much appreciated. Let me know what you guys think and whether I should return it.

Thanks (and sorry about my man hands)!

New ring.JPG

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another photo:

new ring 2.JPG

laila

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks very pretty on your hands! You definitely do not have man hands my dear. Wish my hands looked like yours!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s cute- but the question is, do YOU like it?!

widget

Ideal_Rock
I like it!!

widget

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I think the ring looks stunning on your hand!! Very delicate! What do you think??
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s very pretty and delicate. You do not have man hands you silly girl. Do YOU like it??

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beginning to grow on me. I was never much of a jewelry person and have just started collecting (this forum is a VERY bad influence
3.gif
). When I first put it on, it didn''t look right on my hand. I''ve been wearing it and I think I''ve grown used to it. I also showed it to my BF and he really liked it. So with all the positive input, I guess it''s a keeper!!!

Oh, and just wanted to share one more thing: WE''RE GOING TO TRY ON RING SETTINGS THIS WEEKEND!!! WOO HOO!!!!!
9.gif
Happy happy happy.......

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
18.gif
I love it now you''re making me want one!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I really like it! And when you have that e-ring it will be the perfect RHR!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have a blast this weekend trying on all those settings. Enjoy!!

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I love it!!! I think it looks beautiful on your hands!!!
36.gif

awaiting1

Rough_Rock
wow, no other opinions. from reading other post, it seems like all everyone does here is agree with everyone else.

honestly, the ring is nice, but it seems as though it could bend a bit if it were to get a snag on a sweater. if you are going for the substantial look, then this wouldn''t be the piece. however, if you are indeed in search of a dainty, very feminine looking ring, then this would be an ideal choice.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Hello awaiting and welcome to PS! It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the ring is actually really difficult to get snagged on a sweater or anything; the design is such that everything is attached to everything else, but you can only tell if you look at the bottom. Thanks for pointing out what could be a potential problem though.
1.gif

And, with all due respect, many people here do not hesitate to give differing opinions if they do not agree on something. There have been some arguments started by some if you search some of the older threads here. Of course, the majority of people do so with utmost respect, so offense is never taken.

And yes, I was going for the dainty look. I figure since I'm somewhat considered "as one of the guys" at work and with friends, a little femininity couldn't hurt.
9.gif
And gives me an excuse to buy more jewelry too!

And thanks everyone for all the compliments! (My "man" hands and the ring...hee).

awaiting1

Rough_Rock
very nicely well put Cinderella. it seems as though you have decided to keep the ring. good for you for doing what makes you happy. that is very important in life. also, thankyou for the kind ''welcome'', i appreciated that.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2005 11:39:44 PM
Author: awaiting1
wow, no other opinions. from reading other post, it seems like all everyone does here is agree with everyone else.
Welcome awaiting1
35.gif
I think you will find if you stick around that it isn''t the case that we always agree with each other. We often have threads where dissenting opinions occur, however this isn''t the norm as most folk have excellent taste in jewellery and we all love it and say so!
36.gif
There is a way to disagree on this forum by treating others opinions and beliefs with respect and good manners which you have done
36.gif
The main thing is that we try to respect each other and share info and advice, and gently correct wrong advice if it is necessary. The people who don''t follow these guidelines don''t last long normally. I hope you stick around and join in the fun, we do have a lot to offer each other and have fun in the process! That was a good point re- the ring maybe catching on clothing etc, and I too LOVE the ring Cinderella
30.gif
30.gif
if you think you have man hands you should see mine, complete with porky snausage fingers
32.gif
emembarrassed.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it - very pretty
1.gif
!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I like it too! It''s really sweet and feminine
1.gif

AND YAY about going ring shopping! it''s so much fun.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s very pretty and delicate!

You have beautiful hands. Definitely NOT man hands!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh I like it!
30.gif
It''s a keeper. Congrats. You DO NOT have man hands silly girl!
Congrats on going ring shopping, have fun!!
36.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
It''s really lovely....does it feel confortable ?

dyanne

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I totally love it!! Glad to hear you are going to keep it!!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I like it. I think it''s sweet.
36.gif

Mimikins24

Shiny_Rock
Definitely very pretty and will certainly look great on the other hand once the ering comes your way!!! Have fun looking for settings this weekend and keep us posted on the progress. As a fellow LIW I love to see what other ladies are finding!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely don''t hesitate to post my differening opinion on here, but sometimes I just won''t say anything at all, if what I am thinking is not very nice.
9.gif
Better to say nothing at times!

This post cracked me up Cinderella. You SO don''t have man hands, my dear!!!! But you do have a wide hand base like me, so I think I have man hands sometimes too.
31.gif
We''re so hard on ourselves.

Anyway that ring is darling!! Do you mind linking it, I''d love to see how much it was and maybe it can find it''s way into my stocking for Xmas? I can be like ''Greg don''t you remember buying it?''
11.gif

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
I love it !! I love anything with hearts. You do not have "man hands"

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the compliments on my "man hands" everyone! LOL. Sometimes, like Mara pointed out, I do feel like they''re man hands because they''re so much bigger than the rest of my girlfriends. But after all these reassurances, I will never refer to them in that way ever again!

Dyanne, yes the ring is very comfortable, surprisingly. I''m not that used to wearing a lot of jewelry.

And here''s the link, just for Mara: http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1672632 They have size 5 and 6 left.

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
I like it. I think it looks very pretty on you.

Wanna know my first reaction when I saw your ring......
6.gif
GASP
6.gif

I think she is KEEPER!!
9.gif
31.gif
30.gif

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is very cute and looks great on your finger. Man hands?! I don''t know, your hands look very feminine to me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results