shape
carat
color
clarity

New Ring from my Mother-In-Law

My mother-in-law recently gave me an opal ring that has been in her family for a long time. I asked about it's origin and history, but she doesn't know how old it is, or much about it. I think it's quite unique and pretty, and I'd love to know more. Could anyone here tell me anything about the ring from the below pictures? Approximate age? Style? I know that the stones are all opals and the gold is an alloy that is close to rose gold, but not exact. Thanks for looking!

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a unique ring! Love it!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
That is darling! Please treat it extremely gently- opals and seedpearls are among the most delicate of jewels but it has clearly been taken care of and not abused over the years....I wager it is victorian. Congratulations on your family treasure!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its very pretty and in great shape!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's absolutely gorgeous! I don't know anything about it but I love it!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
The colors in that ring are just stunning!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, that is a stunning ring!!

Thanks all! I definitely don't have anything similar to it, and I'm really enjoying wearing it. The fact that she entrusted it to me means a lot too! My fiance is an only child, so I think she is enjoying having a girl to spoil, and I certainly don't mind :naughty:

Selkie & Blingbunny, you are both amazing! That looks exactly like it! Great find! Late Victorian... how cool!

How should I care for something like this? As is, I don't wear it everyday, maybe once every couple weeks. Is there a good way to clean it?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
So unique! What a generous gift!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Selkie and blingbunny: very nice detective work, I'm impressed!!

That is such a beautiful ring! I love it, so unique! As for cleaning, I'm thinking maybe just wipe it with one of those jeweler's polishing cloths.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results