shape
carat
color
clarity

new RHR -- thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all, I posted in rocky talk about this last week... I was VERY sad to have to return my gorgeous new sapphire and diamond band I bought. When the ring was sized down to fit me (I had it sized down about a size and 1/2), it caused the stones to come further down on the sides of my fingers and after wearing it every day for about 4 or 5 weeks and trying to get used to it, I decided it was just too uncomfortable and I couldn''t keep it. I can''t tell you guys how disappointed I was! After all the searching I did and finally finding that one. Ugghh. My 60 day return timeframe was due to end this week so I kept it as long as I could before deciding to return it.
face17.gif

I decided I''d look for something different and came across the David Yurman rings in a local B&M. I''ve never bought any David Yurman before, but since it was less money than the sapphire band, I thought I''d give one a try. I thought maybe I could get this ring and a pair of white gold huggie earrings with a little sapphire in each one (I haven''t bought those yet).

Wanted to get everyone''s opinion on this ring. It is sterling with diamonds and blue topaz. The diamonds are actually not bad--they are (I think) G/H in color and VS1 (I think that''s right). I can''t decide if I want to keep it or not. I had to take photos with it on my left hand, but it would be a RHR and probably not something I''d wear every single day. Let me know what you all think!

tn_yurman1.jpg.JPG

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
holy moly! sorry for the ginormous photo!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That looks fabulous! Chunky and gorgeous, and the color of the blue topaz is to die for ....

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!!! its a really nice right hand ring!!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks girls! I can''t decide if I like the "chunkiness" of it. My ering and wband are both pretty delicate and my fingers are small so every time I look at it, I think it looks like too much. I''m sure it''s just because I''m not used to it. the ring seems to be very good quality but is a silver ring worth over $600? I know when you buy David Yurman, you''re paying for the name too (in addition to the good quality).

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I love it! I love the David Yurman shank.

sbuffaloe

Rough_Rock
I confess to being a huge admirer of David Yurman! My hubby gave me one of his diamond pave'' crossover bracelets for our 10 year anniv and I have been hooked since then! I personally love this ring and have looked at them for some time! I say it''s a keeper!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is beautiful! I have seen some DY that looked a little ragged over time, though, as sterling won''t hold up quite as well as white gold. So you do have to be gentle with it. But it is really pretty fashion jewelry.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cute ring. I love DY and have considered a few sterling pieces, but the prices seem a bit high. If you''re unsure, possibly shop around more for another designer with less chunky pieces OR find a non-branded ring in WG that''s the same price.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it, but I'm biased, as I have that ring.
1.gif
(https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/david-yurman-blue-topaz-petite-albion-ring.49451/) I bought mine off a reputable ebay seller at less than $400 (I think it was $350), so I thought it was reasonable.

ETA. I bought mine new with the seller. I took it to DY and it was authentic. I do think $600 is pricey for silver...but then again, so is $400! If you're interested, the ebay seller is ibuyluxury (I don't think I am breaking rules by posting that, but if I am, please feel free to take it down).

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks all -- and travelinggal, that''s cool that you have the same ring! Have you enjoyed it? Do you wear it a lot? I''m going to check out that ebay seller... thanks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is lovely.

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like it a lot!! Love his work. My DD is a huge fan and has been collecting his line for a while now. They hold up well, just use the polishing cloth they give you...

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
i do like the ring, but i''m not gonna lie, i would be worried about what the silver will look like down the road. i know you can polish it, but my mom owns silver pieces, i just dont know if i like them with the aged look. if you like it, i would return it and buy it for less from ebay if its authentic and its the same, just to put more money in your pocket. then you could get more earring out of the earring purchase you plan to make. i understand your wanting you right not to overpower your left too. maybe you can post a shot of both hands together. wait a minute, maybe not
25.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
honestly the only way i would pay that for a silver RHR would be IF IT WAS A DY! lol

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2008 8:20:16 PM
Author: katiedid
thanks all -- and travelinggal, that's cool that you have the same ring! Have you enjoyed it? Do you wear it a lot? I'm going to check out that ebay seller... thanks!
I do enjoy it...it gets a lot of attention. I don't wear it all that much though, especially not lately being preggo. In fact, I just pulled it out to try it on and it is nowhere close to getting over my knuckle...I think my knuckle grew!
39.gif
I hope DY will size it for me because there is a chance my knuckles will not go down in size. My wedding rings will have to be sized too. Wah!

ETA, I use the polishing cloth and the ring is still in fantastic shape.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
oohhh I love it! That is a great color. I really love the twisted-rope look that he does. How much will you really wear it? I mean, I have lots of silver pieces that still look good, but I dont wear them every day.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
I love the blue topaz (?) on your ring. My coworker has the same ring but with the green/brown stone and she wears it everyday. I have to say that I like your stone color a lot more
31.gif
It''s a lovely ring!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone--thanks for all the nice compliments! The more I think about this, the more I''m wondering "Ok, so this ring was over $600. If I hadn''t returned one that was $900, would I be thinking this was a good deal?" See what I mean?

Anyway, I think if I loved the way it looked on me, I wouldn''t be wondering whether to keep it or not. But I don''t think it''s me. I LOVE the ring on other people and in the store and in photos. Then I put it on and think "it''s okay". I can''t afford to spend $600 on something that''s "okay"! I think at this point, my best option is to go ahead and return it and see if I see anything that just jumps out at me. Or maybe I''m not a RHR kind of girl??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results