shape
carat
color
clarity

new record gold and platinum prices!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Cant believe the new record $1,224.00 per/ounce on gold and the $1,515.00 on platinum on the trading boards this evening!Bet it will be a while before most people buy jewelry again at these crazy per /ounce quotes!
29.gif

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
That''s ridiculous and has been holding me back from the idea of a platinum diamond pendant.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I feel your pain...It will quite some time before I buy any new jewelry also!Even thruogh wholesale channels or at pawn shops the prices are crazy high!
29.gif
No wonder that the jewelry trade is really suffering right now!Between the rough economy and metal prices it will be another hard Chistmas for jewelers!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although, it would be a good time to sell scrap gold or old jewelery.
I'm in the middle of selling off a gold figurine, it's confusing but it looks like I"ll have enough to get some nice Christmas money for textbooks (oh joy).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea the prices were that high! I have just not been following them! Too bad. I probably could go through my jewelry and find things to sell, but I''m not about to do that!

AGBF
34.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Ouch! I''m sticking to sterling for the next few years.

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Up some nice coin this a.m. after shorting it the second those employment numbers came out.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Sigh.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
12/4/2009 12:41:50 PM
Author: tradergirl

Up some nice coin this a.m. after shorting it the second those employment numbers came out.
Have you no heart? No soul? If one pricks you, do you truly bleed? ;-)

AGBF
34.gif

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
I am a trader. I am paid to make money. When an economic report comes out that will make the US Dollar go up, you short gold, it''s axiomatic. How does trading commodity futures transfer into having no soul?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how I HATE HATE HATE the price of gold lately!! I get the fact that people are scared and so gold rises. I just want to be able to buy gold settings at a reasonable price.

Ah well I''ll just keep buying gems until gold comes down.
20.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sold my scrap gold the day the gold prices peaked, so I''m a pretty happy camper.

Yeah, once the employment numbers were up and the dollar was projected to climb, the gold prices started to nose dive, lol.

I wouldn''t mind the gold prices coming down to earth, I have gemmies to set!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results