shape
carat
color
clarity

New Radiant Cut Ring - Pinfire Flashes & Fire!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just recently got engaged & finally have some pics to share!

While many PS-ers researched intensely, asked questions on the forum, scoured GOG's videos, went ring shopping together, and compared many stones, we took a bit of a different path. Four or five months ago, my FI asked what sorts of rings I liked - at first, I said emerald cut, but he liked sparkles, so radiant cut it was! He asked what sorts of settings, and thinking that all of this was one of those pie in the sky sorts of discussions, I found a pic of a ring and said that I would love to have something like one day, as in 20 years from now because the center stone was ridiculous-huge (in my mind).

Fast-forward to now, and FI proposed with EXACTLY the ring that I had picked out! He kept a picture of it, tracked it down, and needless to say - when he proposed, I was absolutely surprised & absolutely floored. Prior to getting the ring, FI looked up what he could about what a well-cut radiant should be, but after reading all I've read after the fact, it seems like numbers alone are no substitute to seeing fancy shapes in person. Of course, only after it had been picked out, we were able to confirm that the stone matched its GIA report, and it was a keeper, did I find PS & all of the GOG videos :) With all of the discussion about the ups and downs of radiants, how difficult it is to find a well-cut radiant, watery crushed ice vs. bright crushed ice, ASET images...I think it's fair to say we got pretty lucky - it's beautifully bright, the pinfire flashes and rainbows dance around in a lively fashion that I've never seen before, and it throws some pretty awesome fire.

Thanks for indulging, and feel free to shamelessly show off your "crushed ice" rings or comment on the topic as well. So, here it is - 2.26 carat center stone, radiant cut, 1.28 l/w ratio, 61% table, 69% depth (61% adjusted for l/w), excellent color & eye clean, set with 10 channel set princess cut stones in platinum - enjoy!

on_hand_-_shade.jpg

pinfire_flashes.jpg

blue_fire.jpg

green_fire.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely suprise from your fiancee. The ring is a beauty!!
Congrats with your engagement.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!!!!! Awesome fire shots!

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is some sparkler :love:
I adore radiants! It looks fab

kmystery

Rough_Rock
absolutely stunning ring
what colour is it? it looks so gorgeously white!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring -- lucky girl! Congratulations! :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! And your fiancé did an incredible job tracking down the exact ring you wanted! Very romantic.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your very kind replies!

kmystery, I really appreciate your compliment - the center stone is a GIA G, and the princess cut stones in the channel were graded as F's and G's :)

Rosebloom - It was quite the romantic gesture that he found it, part of the total surprise! I really did think that talking about rings was one of those fun "one day" conversations and wasn't even thinking that it would happen for quite some time. But, he had known that he wanted to propose for a while and wanted to get exactly that ring for me - it does amaze me how much he goes out of his way to make me happy.

After we got it, a jeweler replaced the center stone's prongs by hand with single prongs that split into the double-prongs at the top to protect its edges, and he set it slightly higher with less platinum enclosing it - I couldn't have imagined the ring being more beautiful, but I love it even more now. The jeweler did an excellent job - it gets more light, the prongs really bring out the center stone's octagon shape, and now it's the only ring just like it.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
PS - here are profile & side view shots!

And, truly, everyone's rings on this site are absolutely AMAZING - I feel very lucky & fortunate to get to participate :)

_10261.jpg

side_15.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it is just gorgeous!!! Look at that fire, such a pretty stone and the setting showcases it beautifully! Congratulations!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond, those fire shots are amazing! Congratulations on your engagement and for finding a guy who found exactly want you wanted :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
FIRE SHOTS!!! I'm a sucker for FIRE SHOTS!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! 8-) :love: 8-)

Congratulations on your engagement and what an adorable FI to track down your specific 'fantasy ring'!!! That's wonderful!!! Enjoy this beauty --- and yanno... more fire shots wouldn't go to waste.... just sayin'! ;))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! You found a nice one!!!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You guys are so very generous with the compliments - FI stumbled on them, and it absolutely thrilled him that the ring was so well received, especially on this site! Big thank you from him too!!! You guys have some ridiculous-awesome ones too, and that's coming from just seeing them in your profile pics :)

For those of you that liked the fireshots - motownmama, junebug17, woofmama, Enerchi - I'll have more up tonight! Who can resist playing with fire?!?!?!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! I love radiants I think they are really underestimated for that disco ball sparkle you are describing and yours is a winner!!!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Wow your ring has so much presence! I bet you get a lot of attention with that baby :love:

Congratulations on your engagement. It is a stunning ring and gorgeous center diamond. He's a keeper for sure :bigsmile:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
arkieb1 - thank you & I totally agree with you! I know folks really love the chunky cuts & big white blinding flashes (trust me, I do too!!!), but dancing light everywhere is beautiful too - i think it's just hard to nail some of the cut shapes down, and i get the impression that radiants are one of them.

angeline - i just got lucky on a number of fronts, definitely a keeper :)

as promised earlier - here's some more fun fireshots!

red_fire__1.jpg

yellow_fire.jpg

blue_fire_2.jpg

blue_turned_purple_fire.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad I came back to admire the fire shots!! :o
I love the new pics :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Its beautiful!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, what an absolutely gorgeous stone and the fire it throws off is amazing! :appl: I have developed a great appreciation for crushed ice radiants.

monique_w

Rough_Rock
Your ring is absolutely gorgeous, love all of the fire pictures, they are beautiful.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous sparkler! I love it when a guy really takes note of what you say, and get exactly what you want. That is the evidence of a smart man, in my opinion! You have a beautiful ring, may you have many many years of happiness ahead of you! :appl: :appl: :appl:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so very much Acinom, Alex T, Catmom, Monique, and luv2sparkle!

Acinom - I'm such a sucker for fire pics - happy to provide new ones anytime, and I love your new ring (jaw-dropping!!!)!

Catmom - I don't know why, but I adore crushed ice - I've been admiring your cushion/radiant/gorgeous cut for a while - most of the time, I'm not the biggest fan of yellow stones, but yours is mesmerizing :love:

Monique - I am absolutely sure that with as much as you likely will be educated in the next couple weeks/months, you will find something equally as if not far more pretty than mine! PSers are really awesome, seem willing to answer just about any question one can come up with, and even give their thoughts on particular stones. Who could ask for more?!?!

luv2sparkle - you're comment made me get all mushy and sentimental there ;-) he really tries to do as much as he can to make me happy, and I try to do the same for him, so here's to hoping we'll have many happy years to come!

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
endless_summer|1379786944|3524811 said:
I just recently got engaged & finally have some pics to share!

While many PS-ers researched intensely, asked questions on the forum, scoured GOG's videos, went ring shopping together, and compared many stones, we took a bit of a different path. Four or five months ago, my FI asked what sorts of rings I liked - at first, I said emerald cut, but he liked sparkles, so radiant cut it was! He asked what sorts of settings, and thinking that all of this was one of those pie in the sky sorts of discussions, I found a pic of a ring and said that I would love to have something like one day, as in 20 years from now because the center stone was ridiculous-huge (in my mind).

Fast-forward to now, and FI proposed with EXACTLY the ring that I had picked out! He kept a picture of it, tracked it down, and needless to say - when he proposed, I was absolutely surprised & absolutely floored. Prior to getting the ring, FI looked up what he could about what a well-cut radiant should be, but after reading all I've read after the fact, it seems like numbers alone are no substitute to seeing fancy shapes in person. Of course, only after it had been picked out, we were able to confirm that the stone matched its GIA report, and it was a keeper, did I find PS & all of the GOG videos :) With all of the discussion about the ups and downs of radiants, how difficult it is to find a well-cut radiant, watery crushed ice vs. bright crushed ice, ASET images...I think it's fair to say we got pretty lucky - it's beautifully bright, the pinfire flashes and rainbows dance around in a lively fashion that I've never seen before, and it throws some pretty awesome fire.

Thanks for indulging, and feel free to shamelessly show off your "crushed ice" rings or comment on the topic as well. So, here it is - 2.26 carat center stone, radiant cut, 1.28 l/w ratio, 61% table, 69% depth (61% adjusted for l/w), excellent color & eye clean, set with 10 channel set princess cut stones in platinum - enjoy!

Your ring is beyond gorgeous! Congrats!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Diamondboy! I really appreciate it. I actually owe you guys a post about a few new diamond projects that we have recently completed, all pieces that I love and adore. I just have to take the pics! But, for now, here are a couple other e-ring pics that, for some unknown reason, I never got around to adding here - enjoy :)

ring_alone.jpg

_26578.jpg

peeking_out_in_winter.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that is some fire!! It's gorgeous, congratulations!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Catmom! I appreciate it very much :)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
endless_summer|1381715595|3537246 said:
Thank you so very much Acinom, Alex T, Catmom, Monique, and luv2sparkle!

Acinom - I'm such a sucker for fire pics - happy to provide new ones anytime, and I love your new ring (jaw-dropping!!!)!

Catmom - I don't know why, but I adore crushed ice - I've been admiring your cushion/radiant/gorgeous cut for a while - most of the time, I'm not the biggest fan of yellow stones, but yours is mesmerizing :love:

Monique - I am absolutely sure that with as much as you likely will be educated in the next couple weeks/months, you will find something equally as if not far more pretty than mine! PSers are really awesome, seem willing to answer just about any question one can come up with, and even give their thoughts on particular stones. Who could ask for more?!?!

luv2sparkle - you're comment made me get all mushy and sentimental there ;-) he really tries to do as much as he can to make me happy, and I try to do the same for him, so here's to hoping we'll have many happy years to come!

Aww thank you endless_summer! I wasn't a fan of crushed ice myself until I actually saw a good one in person. There is just nothing like it. It's like looking into a gallaxy of never ending stars. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results