shape
carat
color
clarity

New project?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of my next jewelry project tonight. Actually, I have quite a few, but this one seems the most interesting right now. I have a loose .57 princess diamond that was previously my e-ring (before PS). It's not great quality - an I I1, with a very visible inclusion. It's been sitting in my jewelry box for over 2 years and I have always envisioned it being a pendant. Originally, I was thinking a BGD bezel pendant http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/home/ring-details/?product_id=5423

But now....I am thinking of making it into a 3-stone pendant, with the princess in the middle and a round amethyst on the top and bottom.
I love the look of diamonds and amethysts together and am also thinking of having BGD (someday) re-do my eternity ring to have princess diamonds and round amethysts, to match the surprise amethysts in my e-ring.

What do you think? I don't think the inclusion would be noticeable if the diamond was in a pendant and had the pretty purple stones to distract from it.

Not sure how soon I'd be able to move forward with this, but I'm kind of excited about my old diamond finally getting a new home.

Thoughts?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of the diamond, when it was in my old e-ring.

princesscut.jpg

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
And I would kite-set the princess in the pendant as well.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think it would be lovely! Looking forward to seeing it!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Yenny. I'm looking for some amethyst pairs now. Not easy to find them in the .5-1.0 ct. range. Most are huge. This project may take me a little while, but I'm looking forward to working on it. Stay tuned....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results