shape
carat
color
clarity

new project with Dan Stair! (no pics...)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having a great week. This past Tuesday, I successfully defended my PhD thesis, and got to celebrate the end of a long and often conflict-filled post-graduate degree.
9.gif
I still need to make final revisions to my thesis, but it''ll be out by Friday, and the paperwork is already signed, so no one can change their mind and keep me from graduating {scowls at advisor }.
38.gif

What does this have to do with coloured stones? Well, my delightful and generous FMIL gave me a graduation present, and I''m going to be irresponsible and spend it on stones! To make earrings! Whee!

I asked Dan Stair if he might have cut stones or rough that would make earrings, and he got back to me this weekend to make some suggestions. Nothing''s final, but there might be blue-green tourmaline earrings in my future! I was so excited that I had to share here, even without details.

w00t!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your thesis defense! A huge accomplishment indeed! I love blue-green tourmalines, so I''ll be waiting for pics!
Have fun selecting--you''ve earned it!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say CONGRATS!!! As a fellow PhD student I totally understand where you are. And you are in the clear! Revisions are nothing.

You deserve some new sparklies for sure!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations PJ, I am very proud of you. What an accomplishment that is. Ohhhhhhhhhh, I can''t wait to see your new earrings. Those will be so beautiful
36.gif

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, guys! I''m pretty excited. I had initially intended to get pearls because they''d be so versatile, but you know... once the coloured stone bug bites you, you''re bit. (Can''t you tell I''m overeducated by my grammar?)

Neatfreak, good luck finishing your PhD - I''ll tell you, it feels darn good!

Romeblue

Rough_Rock
Congrats!!!!!

My Masters thesis about killed me and I am buying a homer to celebrate. You get us pics soon of your new beauties!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations on finishing your thesis
1.gif

Looking forward to seeing what stones you get - I love blue/greens!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on finishing your thesis. I can''t wait to see your gemstones.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Pjean! I defended Thursday, so I know what it''s like. Way to go! I can''t wait to see what you and Dan cook up- you earned them!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/9/2008 10:45:49 AM
Author: mercoledi
Congratulations Pjean! I defended Thursday, so I know what it''s like. Way to go! I can''t wait to see what you and Dan cook up- you earned them!

Really?? Congratulations! I know just how you must be feeling.
2.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations pjean! That''s quite an accomplishment! I can''t wait to see what you end up with!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Rats. Whatever I end up getting, it won''t be blue green tourmaline from Dan - his current rough is too light for what I have in mind. On to Gene! And Barry! And...

Thank goodness for this forum! I have this whole list of sources!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! What a generous FMIL! I bet they will be gorgeous whatever you chose!!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, pjean, on defending your thesis. That is a huge accomplishment. Well done!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results