shape
carat
color
clarity

New Project with BGD!

alpha238

Shiny_Rock
Started a new project with BGD! I'm resetting my ering and using Kismet's Yellow Glory as inspiration. Tapering down on either side of my cushion will be a trap with several round stones set with shared prongs.

I started the process online with Denise. She was so helpful and promptly answered all my questions. Since I live in the Houston area, I met with Brian to discuss my ideas and then met with him again once he sourced the traps. We had a great visit and he gave me a tour of his workshop starting with the CAD process, then showing me how the wax was made, and ending with setting the stones.

The CAD should be ready sometime this week.

Cushion with Trapezoid 1.jpg

Cushion with Trapezoid 2.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY how exciting!! Your stones are beautiful, I can't wait to see the design! :appl: :appl:

alpha238

Shiny_Rock
Thanks DandiAndi! I can't wait to see the final ring too!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Oh alpha, how fun! Tell us more about the visit. Do they have a real store? I would kill to drive down there and talk to them in person. A relative who used to live in Spring told me the area west of the Galleria was kind of a mini diamond district. Please keep us updated on the process.

Frenchgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait to see your ring !!! :lickout:

IceExplorer

Shiny_Rock
Those stones look lovely together. I'm sure the BGD gang are going to go a GREAT job for you!
MAKE SURE YOU POST PICTURES!!!

Do you mind me asking the stats on your stones?

alpha238

Shiny_Rock
Texaskj, Frenchgirl, and Ice Explorer Brian said this should be a fun process and he has made it that! :appl: I just loved it when Brian took out a case filled with containers of diamonds trying to match the right stones to go in my setting. :love:

Texaskj BGD does not have a "real" store. We met in an office and he'll bring you whatever stones you need for your project. Most of the jewelers in the building have just office space, a few might have a few jewelry cases. There are a small handful of jewelry stores. There are several workrooms in the building too. I am from New York and am familiar with the diamond district. Houston's "diamond district" is tiny in comparison.

Ice Explorer My cushion is 1.01 ct, D, VS2 and the traps E VS2.

I'll post more pictures as I continue with the process.

IceExplorer

Shiny_Rock
alpha238|1289050928|2756755 said:
Texaskj, Frenchgirl, and Ice Explorer Brian said this should be a fun process and he has made it that! :appl: I just loved it when Brian took out a case filled with containers of diamonds trying to match the right stones to go in my setting. :love:

Ice Explorer My cushion is 1.01 ct, D, VS2 and the traps E VS2.

I'll post more pictures as I continue with the process.

Brian and Lesley told me it would fun when told them I wanted to design something. I had a great time with the process. The outcome was spectacular. My Fiance couldn't have been more pleased with the effort I put forth. One of these days I'll make to Houston to shake both of their hands. I'm looking forward to that day! I'm jealous you got to visit in person!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stones! I can't wait to see your new ring.

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
What pretty stones! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

alpha238

Shiny_Rock
Ice Explorer - I am very fortunate that I can visit their office and can't wait to go back and check out the wax mold. That should be some time this week.

Blue Iris and Anne - I really love the proportions of the traps with my cushion. Brian thought it might be difficult to find traps that were not step cut and were higher in color and in the right size, but he put his feelers out and was able to find them! :appl:

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooohhhh those stones are gorgeous and look great together! I can't wait to see the finished ring--I'm sure it will be spectacular!! :)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh, it looks like it's going to be a stunning ring! Please post the CADs when you get them!! :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results