shape
carat
color
clarity

New Princess - Almost finished!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stonecrab

Rough_Rock

Hi All,

After a couple months of "lurking" and soaking up the knowledge of everyone here I wanted to post a couple pics of my "almost" completed ring. First I want to thank everyone here for providing some very detailed and useful information. I have taken all that I learned here and combined it with my own two cents.

I used a non-mainstream designer whom has received some decent coverage on PriceScope. Isaac Gottesman, owner of D. Scaasi in Chicago was the designer of my ring. I found Isaac easy to work with and VERY responsive to calls and emails (I read a couple of posts that thought otherwise). However, since I run a large Customer Service Training firm, I feel that I am in a good position to say that his service was worth the small premium that I paid over other vendors where I could have saved a few $$$ on the stone. My overall experience with Isaac was very positive and would recommend him.

Since my girl has a small finger (size 4) I didn''t have much real-estate to work with. I also wanted something timeless and classy, but unique non-the-less. While I was starting to like pave and some interesting side stones, I decided to go with a pair of stellar tapered baguettes of .3 pts each (.6 tcw) in a very traditional platinum setting. My only twist on the traditional is that it is currently being hand engraved (not show in pics yet).

Center stone is 1.77 SI-2 G color, 71% depth, 71% Table / VG / VG GIA. After looking at stones ranging from VVS1 to SI-2, we found an amazing eye-clean SI-2. Believe me, originally I said, “No way” anything below VS1, but Isaac pleaded with me to look at it. After reading a great post by Afriend, I decided to buy a great color and eye-clean clarity, phenomenally cut and save a few grand for something I can’t see AT ALL.

I will re-post some better pics after the hand-engraving, so everyone can see the finished product!!!

Thanks for your help!!!

SEMI_FINAL.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! A friend of mine had that ring minus the engraving. I think the engraving will add a beautiful touch!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Very sleek now, I will be intreasted in seeing the finished product.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great now, can''t wait to see it once it''s finished!!!
30.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, the ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!
30.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty, I can''t wait to see it with the engraving!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stonecrab,

Congratulations on a great choice! The ring is beautiful as is and I can''t wait to see it when the engraving is complete.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
that princess looks amazing.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s gorgeous! Can''t wait to see the finished product!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
a 1.7 eyeclean SI2? It certainly is. Wow, that is not only a phenomenal find, it is going to be completely gorgeous. Don''t forget to post more pics as they become available. good luck

shay

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the princess cut with baguettes... and I can''t wait to see the engraving!!!
30.gif
30.gif

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it''s fabulous; well done! I can''t wait to see the finished product. On your FI''s tiny finger it is going to look HUGE. I''m sure she''ll love it. Congrats.

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
if the ring is this pretty now, I can''t wait to see the final product! congrats on finding a great stone, too!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
It''s really pretty - I''m excited to see the finishes product. Don''t forget to post tons of pictures!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great, I love a good SI2..Can''t wait to see pictures!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
gorgeous stone, can''t wait to see it when it''s done..

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! Simply stunning!!

Can''t wait for pics of the final product!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous setting - will look so amazing after the engraving as well. And those tapered baguettes - STUNNING.
30.gif
A great stone - love an eye clean SI2!

stonecrab

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

Getting there!!! Engraving is complete, but still not in my possession (still got to go to the appraisers first)... Actually with the ring is Chicago, and a Hurricane Wilma bearing down on South Florida, it might be safer at the appraisers until we see how we fare????

Engraving actaully came out better than i envisioned!!!!

Next pic below!!!

prin_engrave_2.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
23.gif

It is SO G
30.gif
RGEOUS!!!! It came out so beautifully - it is truly stunning. Amazing how much beautiful detail that engraving gives the ring!

stonecrab

Rough_Rock
second view. I like the "depth" of the engraving

I will provide some high-res, high quality shots soon!!!

prin_engrave_1.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
18.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

shay

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful classic ring. I love it!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 4:18:04 PM
Author: stonecrab
second view. I like the ''depth'' of the engraving

I will provide some high-res, high quality shots soon!!!
I compleatly agree I like how deep the engraving is on this peice, it is just stunning. So detailed and really just perfect. She is going to love it! Congrats! And I hear you about the weather!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
wow- the engraving is just beautiful.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Isaac Gottesman did such a fabulous job on your ring. It is the best examle of engraving I have seen thus far on PS. I just keep looking at it, perfection. You will have a very happy lady on your hands. Congrats again on the setting and the stone.
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that engraving is just gorgeous. It totally changes the look of the ring. I love it!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was so pretty before, but now it''s truly stunning. The engraving is just beautiful, good job!!! She will absolutely love it!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

stonecrab

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the show of support everyone. Everyone from Pricescope "owns" a piece of this ring.

Want to help pay for your piece???
emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results