shape
carat
color
clarity

New pretties on the way

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I can do magic. With a little help from Dan I was able to turn this stone into this one:

pretty4merc.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
and this one.

.55ct montana sapphire, 0.65ct blue spinel.

sp1079.jpg

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty stones!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I wish I could make my gems multiply. I love the blue color on that stone.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, I can't wait to see the montana. I asked for a blue green and this one has Dan's RB cut with eight extra pavilion facets. Yum.

ETA: I'm hoping the montana kinda resembles this one than now belongs to Rizajj.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
lovely! want to see more pics!
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, they both look lovely! What are your plans for them?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Merco!!! I love them both!!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
BEG- Thanks, I'll post pics when I get them, I don't even think that they're in the mail quite yet.

TGal- I had a plan, but I can't get the person I was planning with to email me back, to I'll have to get back to you on that one. Also, I blew my setting cash on new stones (again) so it might be a while. They're just so fun nekkid!

Thanks Freke, what did you score from Barry?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. I was eyeing the Montana sapphire. I am glad you will give them both a good home.
36.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 12:32:07 AM
Author: marcyc
Very pretty. I was eyeing the Montana sapphire. I am glad you will give them both a good home.
36.gif

Marcy- He has more. I don''t know if that''s what you want to hear or not, but I didn''t get the one that was on his website, I requested a more blue-green one. He said he has a small parcel of these though some are already spoken for. I don''t think any are very big, but the color is promising.

Thanks SDL! I wanted an octagon and this fits the bill!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful - the colors look so peaceful and tranquil, I could just stare at them all day...
30.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 5:48:27 PM
Author: mercoledi
A little somethin'' somethin''.

BTW, I had the chance to buy that .52 Montana but I decided to pass on it. Is that the one you asked about, but wanted something more blue green? I keep wondering who ended up with it?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 11:55:15 AM
Author: FrekeChild

A little somethin' somethin'.

BTW, I had the chance to buy that .52 Montana but I decided to pass on it. Is that the one you asked about, but wanted something more blue green? I keep wondering who ended up with it?

Fine. Don't spill. Whatever. I was offered the .52, but it wasn't the color I wanted. I was hoping to do a really cool project in blues and greens, but the person I was hoping to work with won't use my stones
20.gif
. So there went that. I'm interested to see what color it is in person, Dan's description of the .55 I got was:
It weighs .55 carats, measures 4.65mm and is a modified round brilliant cut with 8 extra facets on the bottom. The color is a little more greenish in person than in the photo, and is kind of paraiba-like or a bit neonish with some flashes of blue. The stone is eye clean and very brilliant, but may show slightly silk or sleepiness in direct sunlight.

Whereas the .52 was blue with a tinge of green. I'm annoyed that I missed that parti sapphire a few weeks ago, I didn't know what it was at first and whomever asked about the rough took it. Why'd you pass on the .52? If I may ask?

I'm also curious if Lori took the tourmaline, but she hasn't been around.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous colors!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 12:08:08 PM
Date: 3/4/2009 11:55:15 AM
Author: FrekeChild
A little somethin'' somethin''.

Fine. Don''t spill. Whatever. I was offered the .52, but it wasn''t the color I wanted. I was hoping to do a really cool project in blues and greens, but the person I was hoping to work with won''t use my stones
20.gif
. So there went that. I''m interested to see what color it is in person, Dan''s description of the .55 I got was:
It weighs .55 carats, measures 4.65mm and is a modified round brilliant cut with 8 extra facets on the bottom. The color is a little more greenish in person than in the photo, and is kind of paraiba-like or a bit neonish with some flashes of blue. The stone is eye clean and very brilliant, but may show slightly silk or sleepiness in direct sunlight.
Whereas the .52 was blue with a tinge of green. I''m annoyed that I missed that parti sapphire a few weeks ago, I didn''t know what it was at first and whomever asked about the rough took it. Why''d you pass on the .52? If I may ask?

I''m also curious if Lori took the tourmaline, but she hasn''t been around.
I was first in line for the .52. I thought it was a gorgeous color BUT more than half of my stones are round. I took a whole day to think about it, and just decided that I''d rather have something besides a round, so we talked about maybe an asscher or something else. That is on the backburner for the moment, because I really need to be spending any extra cash on wedding instead of stones. Lol. When do you get them? And what is this blue project you''ve got going on??

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I was hoping to have a set of these made with my asscher, the massively windowed tourmaline I got on ebay and hopefully these pretty darlings if they are as nice in person. Now I'm trying to figure something else out.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
New pretties are here! I was unsure about the sapph at first, bit in the daylight it''s exactly the color of my favorite shirt. Here''s an updated family montage!

Slidkjhfe1.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Boo, those pics are kinda low res. I''ll work on that.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
More pics more pics more pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From what I can see in one of those pics, the sapphire looks beautiful. What are these for again?

ETA: What is the cushion? I don't remember it...

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I want to see more too :).

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Okie dokie, let''s try this again. Body color...

newpot58781.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
All together now

newpot58782.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
four

newpot58783.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
These were going to be two bracelets, but that hasn''t worked out yet

newpot58784.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
A little sparkle

newpot58785.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Rank and file

newpot58786.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
front and center

newpot587877.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Little sapph. It's not really greyish in person, nor quite as dark.

newpot587811.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results