shape
carat
color
clarity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One site I frequent has a "new posts" option -- it''s like a superforum that shows all new posts is all forums. Well... almost all forums. Non-members see only new posts in the "on-topic" forums, although they can access the "off-topic" forums (like PS''s hangout) through the forums option.

This would be a nice feature for anyone who might want to catch up on PS while at work, for example.

Is this a possibility?

Ali

Shiny_Rock
VRBeauty,

I don''t know if this is the concept that you are referring to or not but we do have a few ways to keep track of new posts.
You can always see the new posts for the day under the "Posted Today" link in the top right hand corner under the search box. This link tracks all new posts and lists them in decending order starting with the most recent.
In the new post link, as well as in all forums, there is a little folder icon located next to each thread. The folders with the little yellow star on them indicate that there are new posts in the thread since your last visit. The folders with the red arrow indicate that you have already opened the thread and that there are no new posts.

Newpostsinthreads.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sheesh.
20.gif
The "posted today" option is exactly what I was referring to.

Any chance of adding a redfaced/embarrassed emotie to the smilies menu?
9.gif

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/23/2009 2:29:34 PM
Author: VRBeauty

Any chance of adding a redfaced/embarrassed emotie to the smilies menu?
9.gif
Not necessary
2.gif

I''m glad we have what you are looking for! I hope you find it helpful!
36.gif

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
Speaking of ways to find new posts, is there a feature that lets you go to the last post you read on a given topic? For instance, if I''ve read 3 full pages of posts on Topic X, is there a way to go directly to the top of page 4 and start where I left off?

I haven''t figured out how (if it is possible on this forum - it is on other forums) and that greatly diminishes the amount of time I spend here.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results