shape
carat
color
clarity

new poster asking for advice

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, I'm new and interested in getting a channel set eternity band with blue sapphires only, similar to the one below, around 5MM. I need PT950 due to allergy. I looked at a lot of sources here and people have gorgeous huge stones and I'm in the market for small ones. The closest one I found is BURMAJARS on etsy, so I was hoping to get similar recommendations. Should I get a parcel and then try to set it here? If so, is this cost effective and who would help me? TIA! gr5951-princess-cut-channel-set-rainbow-sapphire-wedding-rings.jpg

Attachments

• gr5951-princess-cut-channel-set-rainbow-sapphire-wedding-rings.jpg
    gr5951-princess-cut-channel-set-rainbow-sapphire-wedding-rings.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 27

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trying to get melees channel set is very cost ineffective. Often times, the labour cost is greater than the gems themselves.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I’d trust the vendor who was doing the setting to source the melee.

Getting the melee in uniform sizes/depths will be invaluable.
If you happen to source some wonky ones - sometimes I feel the bench may become less invested in the projects overall outcome in forcing the oddball to confirm to a channel set.

You are responsible for the leftover melee or broken melee if you source. Not so if the vendor sources. Mostly. I can think of someone’s ring that they had to buy all the melee stones +extra upfront. But that was a totally different project than this.

If you like the challenge and hunt - and understand the requirements /what pitfalls there can be to source yourself
Go for it.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
google multicolor platinum band select images or shopping and look around.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Maybe contact Ivy and Rose in Chicago .https://ivyandrose.com/ They do reproductions of old pieces and need to source calibre-cut gemstones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results