shape
carat
color
clarity

new pins! diamond and moonstone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
FINALLY!

the two pins i bought through that evil online auction company arrived - yay!

i dont have time right now, but will take photos and load them this afternoon.

:D :D :D

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yay! I cannot wait to see your pictures!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Moonstones! That''s the magic word that brought me here but no pictures yet,
39.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
ok - here we go....

IMG_2419s.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
next!

IMG_2442s.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
here''s the first of my pin. old cut diamonds totally .50 ctw. they''re VERY white and sparkly!

IMG_2435s.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
and here''s the next one...

IMG_2437s.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooo!!!! Pretty!!!! More pics more pics!!!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
and here''s the last one. i''m sorry about the lighting - these were done at 7pm this evening in the interests of getting something up on the site, and the light was dim. i think you can get a reasonable idea tho :)

thanks Upgradable for pointing me in this direction - i love these!

IMG_2448s.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
LOL FrekeChild! you snuck in right in the middle!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the detail on the moonstone piece. Wow!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, they are beautiful! You are adding some gorgeous pieces to your collection!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Those are lovely! What are you going to do with them? Wear them as pins? Make them into pendants?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 8:32:36 PM
Author: whitby_2773
next!
PLEASE DONT make the moonstone into a pendant!I hate seeing period pieces taken apart!Also it may be diffecult to match the chain color to a yellow gold pendant making look like a married piece.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 8:42:27 PM
LOL FrekeChild! you snuck in right in the middle!
Lol! Ok, so now I want....more pics more pics more pics!!!
9.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
thanks for the kind words, Chrono, Diamond*Dana and glitterata. i really like these little guys. i wear quite a lot of shawls and scarves in winter, so these will be well used in this department.

jewelerman - stay calm! i won''t be dismantling these. had i wanted a pendant, i would have bought a pendant; there''s plenty of them to be had. i like these pins for what they are - and they''re very sweet!

FrekeChild (may i just call you ''Freke'', or would that be insulting? I''m australian, and we shorten everything...) my husband does the photos in this household, and he is a very good sport! this will be put to the test over the next 6 months as i have a number of projects in the works (all rings and earrings). i will be posting often over the coming weeks and months - ALL with photos! if he looks like he''s going to lift his finger off the clicker - i''ll be saying "no! more! more! Freke has made it quite clear - MORE PHOTOS!"

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 4:54:54 AM

thanks for the kind words, Chrono, Diamond*Dana and glitterata. i really like these little guys. i wear quite a lot of shawls and scarves in winter, so these will be well used in this department.

jewelerman - stay calm! i won''t be dismantling these. had i wanted a pendant, i would have bought a pendant; there''s plenty of them to be had. i like these pins for what they are - and they''re very sweet!

FrekeChild (may i just call you ''Freke'', or would that be insulting? I''m australian, and we shorten everything...) my husband does the photos in this household, and he is a very good sport! this will be put to the test over the next 6 months as i have a number of projects in the works (all rings and earrings). i will be posting often over the coming weeks and months - ALL with photos! if he looks like he''s going to lift his finger off the clicker - i''ll be saying ''no! more! more! Freke has made it quite clear - MORE PHOTOS!''

Good!I can rest easy....yes...more photos please....there are many great ways to wear these pins...lapels.scarves,hats, hair...I once met a lady at an estate sale that tore apart an antique Cartier ring for its stones not relizing the value was in the piece as a whole and not its stones.She then sold the ring for melt(im sure a few people are shuddering about now)I guess im a purist at heart.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
i''m a purist too, jewelerman - when it''s something worth keeping pure! i love these little things - have always loved miniatures of all kinds - and these are just delightful!

thanks for your interest - i''ll make a point of posting more pictures when i can. :)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 8:37:42 PM
here''s the first of my pin. old cut diamonds totally .50 ctw. they''re VERY white and sparkly!
Awesome, love it; gorgeous moonstone too
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooo, those are so cool!!!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gret choices!

cheers--Sharon

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
thanks skippy, catmom and canuk-gal :) i really like them!

my new sapphire and pearl ring came today too - but my husband has made off with it till i finish my current book - some months yet! kinda mean, but he''s not bending.... i thought about just killing off all the characters and writing ''the end'', but he''s not buying it.

lol

9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results