shape
carat
color
clarity

New Pink Sapphire & Diamond Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Well I finally managed to take some photos of my new ring. I am really excited about it, and you guys are some of the few who are as obsessive about sparkly things as I am! So, I thought I'd share.

It's a 4.30 natural, un-treated pink Ceylon sapphire (VS-VVS+ clarity) with 1 carat tw of F/G VS half-moons set in platinum. I bought the sapphire first, then the half-moons, then drafted the design, and had the ring made. It was a 3-4 month process, so I'm thrilled to finally have it on my finger.

And like most of us who suffer from bling-obsession, I wear it always and find myself staring at it for minutes on end! Ok, I'm crazy....I knew you'd understand! Ha-ha!

PinkSapRing1.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another angle...

PinkSapRing2.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! I love that shade of pink!

*M*

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
That saphire has amazing color! How exciting after the long wait!

anacgarcia

Shiny_Rock
wow I''m in love with your ring!!!
30.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Thanks poptart and KimberlyH!

I was really fortunate with the sapphire - I bought it after being told it was heat-treated, knowing that most pink sapphires have been exposed to heat. I asked the dealer to send it to the AGTA for certification, just to make sure it was corundum. Much to our surprise, it came back with no evidence of heat. So the value of the stone went up like 2.5-3 times! I was shocked - the dealer was too!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Anny!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love the color of your sapphire and the half moon sides give the ring a very classy look.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yowza, that''s gorgeous!!! I love pink sapphires, and the half moons are stunning!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks for sharing it with us!!!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is one big beautiful ring! I love the color in that sapphire and what a bonus that it is actually untreated!!!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
HOT PINK! That ring is just perfect....and HUGE! I love love love the oval with the half-moons....YUMMY!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow that is just the perfect setting. What a stunning ring, the color is great and the shape of the center and sides is so lovely together! I am sure you are enjoying it totally!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
AND it''s untreated?? That''s amazing and it makes the color even more astounding!

*M*

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love your ring. It''s fantastic. I''d love to have a ring exactly like that!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful color - and nice surprise re: the untreated!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I''m sooooo envious!! That is a gorgeous pink.. and untreated too!!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Wow - your story is amazing to hear. It''s fabulous that it turned out to be natural color. One of those one in a million things that *never* happen, except it did happen and that means it is just meant to be for you. Stunning ring and very elegant design.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Thanks KCoursolle, Kaleigh, Sundial, UCLABelle, Diamondfan, Cind11, poptart, Gailrmv, ForteKitty, and Beacon! I knew you guys would understand! Yes, I can hardly believe it came back not heat treated. You're right - it's one of those things that nevers happens, but it happened. Kinda like winning the lottery. Can you imagine how the dealer must have felt, knowing he could have gotten 2.5-3x more money for the stone? I'd have every stone checked from here on out!

And thanks for your compliments on the design. I wanted something that sat low on my finger. Also, I designed it so the band gets a little wider at the back. This keeps the top of the ring from flopping forward, since it's a large (hooray!!!) stone. It works really well.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is BEAUTIFUL!

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a great color -- you did good!

And I totally understand about staring at your ring. In fact, I should be working but I''m sitting here staring at your ring!
2.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Thanks DeeJay. Elsie, we have similar problems - I was staring at YOURS! It''s such a great color blue! Congrats!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I love pink sapphires
emsmilep.gif

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/27/2006 11:51:16 AM
Author: starryeyed
Thanks DeeJay. Elsie, we have similar problems - I was staring at YOURS! It''s such a great color blue! Congrats!

Awww... thanks, starryeyed!
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Whoa! Splendid piece--enjoy!

cheers--Sharon

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s so pretty! Enjoy!
30.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ImpatientOne, Sharon, and Anchors1! I''m so grateful for all of the compliments - my family is sick of listening to me! Ha-ha!

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I love that color,,,, it''s just gorgeous!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That is so beautiful!!! I really like the pink color w/ the white diamonds!!!
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that shade of pink! The setting is perfect as well!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful!
30.gif
I''ve got sapphires on my wish list, too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results