shape
carat
color
clarity

new pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
OK, I admit it... I have another new item to post.
9.gif
I started a thread earlier with the intention of posting both pieces together, since they''re two loose sapphires of mine that have found "new homes." Once I separated them, I should have changed the title in the first thread. But anyway...

I''ve had this octagon Montana sapphire for a couple of years, and also went through some wild ideas about potential settings before putting it aside for a while. Now it''s sitting happily in an antique-inspired pendant.

There''s no neck shot yet because of a minor issue with the bail hoops -- they''re a bit too small for the end loops of any of my chains to go through. I have the option of having the bail hoops adjusted slightly larger, or to get a new chain whose end loop would be reset so that the chain becomes dedicated to the pendant. I''m leaning towards the latter option, but that means more cost, of course. Let me know what you think.

pendant_sbell.jpg

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Final picture... You can see one of my favorite things about the pendant -- the double prongs.

pendSide_sbell.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG singingbell your Montana sapphire pendant is to die for. I love the design of it, it is just beautiful I also love the diamonds around the sapphire. Simply stunning.
30.gif
Please post neck shots when you find the right chain.

Linda

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful! Lucky girl you are, getting two gorgeous sapphire pieces!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! I really love all of the swirls in the design and bright color of the sapphire is gorgeous!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW, gorgeous and unique design and I just love the color of the sapphire!!! Congratulations!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a lovely pendant! The sapphire is so vibrant, and I love the design!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I really really love the design of that pendant. Where did you find the setting? Was it something you created or something you found? I just adore it! And that Montana sapph is gorgeous.
36.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
split prong heaven!!!

I love that, never seen it done before!! Wow I loooove it!!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is gorgeous!!!! I love it! Its beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is positively lovely. I''m sure it will look great on you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Delightful piece! Enjoy it!!

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, that is gorgeous!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Love it
36.gif

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Wow, thanks everyone for your compliments! I''m so happy that you all like it too!
36.gif

FireGoddess, the setting was handcrafted by Michael E. Initially I wanted a diamond halo, but it was beyond my budget, so Michael suggested spacing out the melees and putting beads or leaving empty spaces in between. I put a rough model together in Photoshop, but the small gaps between the diamonds just didn''t feel right. I kept taking out the diamonds until there were four left evenly spaced, which I liked better, but what to do with the gaps? I searched all over PS and the Internet for ideas, and one day saw an antique-style round pendant, with four melees and lovely swirl filigree surrounding a center rose cut diamond, and immediately sent pictures to Michael. After some tweaking, my pendant design was born!
30.gif
The actual making of the pendant turned out to be more arduous than anticipated, but the end result, as you can see, is quite the eye-catcher.

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
By the way, does anyone have suggestions on what kind of chain to wear with this pendant? When it comes to different chain styles, I''m fairly clueless. Do you think a 16" simple cable chain in white gold would work? Ideally I''d like to find a decent quality chain that''s also budget-friendly.
12.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous and I love the antique look to it!!!
30.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i am in love with that pendant. it is such a unique design. then again i tend to love antique designs. wear it with lots of happiness.

lawarrick

Rough_Rock
Outstanding Design! Just Gorgeous! What sz stone?

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again for everyone''s wonderful comments! I''ve been so busy that I haven''t had a chance to shop for a suitable chain. If I don''t find something this weekend, I''m going to have the bail adjusted instead.

Date: 4/25/2007 11:48:29 AM
Author: lawarrick
Outstanding Design! Just Gorgeous! What sz stone?
La -- Thank you! The stone is 1.16ct, 6mm octagon.
5.gif

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
That is incredible!
30.gif
I love the design, and since it matches my sapphire ring *so* well I may have to borrow your idea someday! hehehe... It looks absolutely stunning, can''t wait to see more pictures!!

singingbell

Shiny_Rock
I''ve got my pendant back!
12.gif
Here are a couple of new pictures...

OctagonPend_Neckshot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results