shape
carat
color
clarity

New Pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I just got this yesterday. It is a longish story. I had decided to turn my solitaire RB into a 3 stone, composed of 3 RBs. I bought one of the RBs and really liked the stone.

Then, I bought a CZ version of the finsihed product. I was lucky to find a CZ very similar in proportions to the 3 stone I was considering. I looked and looked at it. My husband looked and looked. In the end, we liked it, but we were not "Wowed".

I had the one side stone though and by then I had fallen in love with it. I was still in the 30 day return period, but decided to keep it and make a pendant.

I shopped some stores and found this setting at Geoffrey''s in San Carlos, CA. It wasn''t exactly what I had in my mind, but I decided to go for it. They set my stone while I waited!! Instant gratification! I walked out with my new pendant and I really, really love it!

pendant4resize1.jpg

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty necklace. Enjoy it.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! What is the size of the center stone if you don''t mind me asking.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
That center is a .65ct G SI1. It''s a super diamond with a 54 table. I just couldn''t let it go!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Further away shot

pendant6resize.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh...I love it! Any chance we can get a neck shot?

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Beacon- I LOVE this necklace-great choice, it''s exquisite! What kind of chain is that, if you don''t mind me asking?

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
The chain - well......

It is just a chain I already had and grabbed last night from the box and it''s sterling silver
5.gif
. I do like the style of that chain with the pendant, but I am going to shop for something in white gold to go with it better.

I got this other idea I have to run by the jeweler. I have on old pair of channel set diamond and emerald earrings that I *never* wear. I am thinking of having them take the earrings apart, there are 8 diamonds, maybe 5-6pts each, and make a imitation "Diamonds by the Yard" type chain for this pendant. I know I would like it and then get much more use out of those stones than what I do right now.

I am hoping they wouldn''t charge me a fortune to do such a thing.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha beacon i was thinking ...gosh that chain looks like a silver ball chain! hahaa. then i saw what you posted. i'd get a really thin cable link chain but those are my fave type chains anyway, i like when they melt into your skin and all you see is the pendant.

the diamond looks really lovely in that setting!! how fun that you kept the diamond to make a pendant, and figured out that a solitaire is the way to go after all.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Through the looking glass

pendant7resize1.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Good eyes Mara!

Yup, I just couldn''t get used to the 3 rounds idea. It''s a beautiful format, but I just couldn''t quite "see" it for myself 365 days of the year.

Now I get to carry on in the search for the ultimate setting. Ok, yes, I know, Holy Grail et al.......

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/4/2006 2:01:25 PM
Author: Beacon
The chain - well......

It is just a chain I already had and grabbed last night from the box and it''s sterling silver
5.gif
. I do like the style of that chain with the pendant, but I am going to shop for something in white gold to go with it better.

I got this other idea I have to run by the jeweler. I have on old pair of channel set diamond and emerald earrings that I *never* wear. I am thinking of having them take the earrings apart, there are 8 diamonds, maybe 5-6pts each, and make a imitation ''Diamonds by the Yard'' type chain for this pendant. I know I would like it and then get much more use out of those stones than what I do right now.

I am hoping they wouldn''t charge me a fortune to do such a thing.

I recently asked my local jeweler about doing something with small stones I already have. She said they charge $20, A STONE!!!!
ouch. steep I thought.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous pendant! I think you made a very good decision to keep the diamond.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very feminine--I love it!

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it beacon!!! I agree getting a cable link chain would look great with it.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2006 2:58:38 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Very feminine--I love it!

cheers--Sharon
Just what I was thinking. Beautiful, congrats!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pendant is lovely!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a really really pretty pendant! The design is a little different, but still classic.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh I like the stone in a pendant afterall. Remember you still own the stone so you could go 3 stone at a later date.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty pendant...
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Love your new pendant, Beacon. Enjoy. I wouldn''t have given that rock back either.

shay

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, Beacon!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Yummy!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore it. Any chance of a neck shot? The scalloped halos really give it a delicate look though I imagine it is not a tiny pendant. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Love it!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very beautiful! I love how delicate it is. I have a similar chain in WG but the balls are smaller and diamond cut so they give off so much sparkle. I really like it.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty pendant. I saved it for future pendant ideas.
9.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
very beautiful!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2006 10:42:47 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I adore it. Any chance of a neck shot? The scalloped halos really give it a delicate look though I imagine it is not a tiny pendant. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yup, I''ll put some together. I shopped for a new chain today. I was lucky enuf to have time to stop by a trunk show for Michael Beaudry and saw the perfect chain - but, ah, just a little tiny bit costly for that pendant ( by a factor of 10!).
6.gif

I am liking the idea of a Diamonds by the Yard style chain and saw quite a good one at Nordstrom Fine Jewelry, of all places. Would rather get it off the sterling silver one for neck shots, we''ll see.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results