shape
carat
color
clarity

New pendant from old diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock

My new diamond pendant made from my original engagement diamond which I have not been wearing for a long time, is finally here. The diamond is a RB 1.67. About 6 months, I decided that I should do something with it and I came up with a design which includes 3 briolette diamonds. I posted the original sketch in the thread linked below:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-briolette-prices.43662/=

It took forever to find affordable diamond briolettes. I spoke to quite a few jewelers and stone dealers about the design. To keep the costs down, some people suggested to use pink, yellow or white sapphiire or white zircon. But none of these stones look as brilliant as the real thing. I finally found the briolettes through a recommendation from The Diamond Broker in Los Altos, CA. It turned out the ''tear drop'' shaped briolettes I had in mind don''t exist, and I have to compromise on fatter ones. I worked with Jerry Lake at The Diamond Broker to finalize the design. Jerry had the pendant hand fabricated in platinum by a local goldsmith. The whole process took less than a month. I just picked up the pendant and it turned out gorgeous. It looks great on my Beaudry chain and it looks a bit like jewelry from the Edwardian period, which is exactly what I wanted. I took a few quite snapshots, but lighting is not right at night. I will try to take better pics later.

AN

Briolette-pendant1.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Another pic

Briolette-pendant3.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
One more.

Briolette-pendant2.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Final sketch.

briolette-pendant_sketch.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE it and adore the briolettes...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Art Nouveau, all I can say is WOW!!!!! It''s drop dead gorgeous. Love how the briolettes dangle from it, so fluid and elegant. Love everything about it. It''s beyond stunning. You really did a great job with this piece!!!! More pics when you get a chance. YOWZA!!!
30.gif
30.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Art Nouveau, your new pendant is gorgeous! Congratulations on a new piece beautiful jewellery. Can we please see a neck shot.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
wow it''s beautiful!
(i need an "old" diamond so I can redeign like this!!) :)

neck shots pleaseeeee!

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I just received two better pictures from Jerry Lake at The Diamond Broker. Here they are. Neck shots will have to wait until I have time over the weekend.

Edwardian-Pendent-1.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Side view

Edwardian-Pendent-2.jpg

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
That is so pretty. Very nice proportions. By the way, did you find any treasures at the San Mateo Gem and Jewelry Show?

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
AN- it is gorgeous... I love the briolettes. the pendant reminds me a little of your earrings w/the briolettes.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Swing Girl,

I didn''t find anything I wanted at the San Mateo show in September, but I bought the three briolettes in my pendant from a dealer from New York at the June show.

AN

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Flopkins,

You are right. I got the idea to use briolettes because I like my FL briolette earrings a lot.

AN

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AN, you have a real talent for conceptualizing great jewelry design. That pendant is a STUNNER!
36.gif
Those briolettes make the piece! What a fun project that must have been! I''m dying to see that beauty in person sometime!!!!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Art Nouveau ~
emrose.gif

emsmilep.gif
Oh My Goodness!!!
emsmilep.gif

GASP!
6.gif
3.gif
18.gif
Jaw just hit the floor!
19.gif

I so
emlove.gif
love
emlove.gif
your romantically exquisite new pendant!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

This would be a design I would treasure to wear! Excellent ideas, looks like Excellent workmanship ... oh this is so yummy!
18.gif

Definately will be waiting for additional
emphoto.gif
''s when you have time.
face23.gif

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous new treasure!

Have a wonderful day!
emhot.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa....I''m speechless!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
AN, you just have the most phenomenal ideas and taste...I really love this new piece and can''t wait to see it at our next big GTG!!! Just divine!

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
wow...wow!!!
I love it.
30.gif
30.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
OMG, AN!!!!!
23.gif
30.gif
It''s exquisite!!!!

What Mara said...you have such great taste and sense of style....that pendant is to die for. I can''t wait to see it in real life.

I LOVE IT!

widget

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Wow- what a stunning way to show-case your RB.
I love the design.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is GORGEOUS!!!

Please don''t make us wait too long for neck shots!

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your nice comments. This is the first time that I designed a piece of jewelry from scratch and it is very exciting for me to see it turn out exactly like what I had envisioned. This design is the first one I came up with, and even though I had sketched at least six other versions later, I still like the first one the best. I am also glad I did not compromise on the diamond briolettes, because I think the briolette drops are what make this an unusual piece. KD, Mara and Widget, I will definitely bring this pendant to the next bay area GTG. It''s fun to share with you all because you are just as crazy as me about jewelry.

AN

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
absolutely beautiful.
i love everything about it. very well done an! thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Wow- I love it. I especially like the diamonds in the chain.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful piece--congrats! I love briolettes also.....

cheers--Sharon

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock
Wow,
I love it. I especially like the briolette diamonds. They really complemented the piece.
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Truly an exquisite design and perfect work at bringing it to life!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/11/2006 5:16:36 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Truly an exquisite design and perfect work at bringing it to life!
I would have to say this as well! You have the most beautiful jewelry collection, AN! I love every piece I have seen.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
AN, how absolutely beautiful! It is a phenomenal piece with so much integrity in the design. It looks absolutely Edwardian. So, so lovely. Gosh, it looks like you could consider jewelry design for fun and profit! Very much looking forward to meeting your new pendant in person.

Beautiful execution of the platinum fabrication - very nice, that was a Bay Area craftsperson?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results