shape
carat
color
clarity

new pair of sapphires for earrings - which setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all, just bought a new pair of sapphires (this is round two) to set as earrings. I got 2 of these from Simply Sapphires. I''m trying to decide on a setting. I''ll attach photos for you all to see... (bezel, leverback bezel, or martini). The stones are 4 mm each (1/3 ct each) so they''re small.

newsapps.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Setting option #1 stock bezel

stockbezel.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Setting option #2 stock lever back bezel

bezelleverback.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Setting option #3 martini (any setting I get would be in white gold)

stockmartini.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Setting option #4 would be to have my jeweler build a setting similar to the Cross "whisper close" setting

whisper.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry - didn''t mean to post that whole page - just the setting photo.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Normally I don''t like dangly earrings... studs only for me! But this girl in one of my classes has this beautiful pair like the second ones you posted and I''m in LOVE! I vote for #2... or #1!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
They are all nice! But I especially love #2, but I love dangling earrings. My second choice would be #4! How exciting!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the dangle bezels and the regular bezels the best.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stones look pretty. I like # 2 and # 3. Can I throw in option #4? About about dangle leverbacks too?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
#4 gets my vote.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks girls! I LOVE the dangly bezels. I think they''re so pretty. they might show up better on me too - my hair is long. but studs are such a classic...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 5:17:57 PM
Author: Addy
I like the dangle bezels and the regular bezels the best.
Ditto!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I think the dangly earings would look nice, but if you opt for studs then you have the option of occasionally adding earring jackets.

I have some diamond studs which look great on their own, but really glamourous when I add topaz pear earring jackets.

Personally, think studs will give you a bit more versatility.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks! good point about the jackets!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#4 would look just like the Tiffany sapphire bezel studs. That is how I''d set them. In fact, I am anxious to see how your sapphires look because I have been looking for some, too! (I think they are too small to do in the leverbacks.)

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I''m no help.....I love them all!

Lori

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I think they may be too small for the lever backs too. I''m leaning towards #4, even though #1 would be much less expensive, since my jeweler will have to make #4 from scratch. But I think it would be worth it.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker, if you like these, you should jump on them - I think John had 10 before I bought two. He said they are very well cut and are a beautiful blue with a hint of violet. I can''t wait to see them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results