shape
carat
color
clarity

New Necklace

Fiaind

Rough_Rock
I just finished this necklace and I can't decide if I like the combination of opal and pearls. Let me know what you think, please.

_5387.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
why not try wearing it to see how you like it? if you end up not liking it, rework it.

personally, its not something i'd gravitate to....but its not for me is it?!.
its the every other design that isn't working for me.
I might be drawn to something that is "uneven".......meaning an interest spot on the strand.

btw, envy your ability to do this! opens up a lot of possibilities.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love your beautiful pearls, and your lovely Welo rondelles.

I took some Welo opal that I have myself and held them next to my Tahitians, and they aren't the best combo. The colors should be complimentary, i.e., the green of the pearls with the creamy yellows, oranges and greens of the opal. As MZ says, I'd wait and see if you don't grow to like it better.

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
The opals are just gorgeous. (So perfect for Spring!)
Not sure I'd pair them with pearls, but I'm pretty conventional in my jewelry.

I agree with the above...Try wearing them & see how it works for you.

Fiaind

Rough_Rock
The more I look at it, the more I really don't like it. But that's the nice thing about learning to string myself. I can take apart what doesn't work and redo it.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
It's a great skill! I am thinking about trying to teach myself.

Can you show us a neck shot? It's hard to tell without being able to see it in situ. But I feel the welo beads might work better with a cream or white pearl than the greys.

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
agree with the above - the white welos with a white pearl - i wonder if some of the yellow-er welos might look better with the grey pearls? or even blue moonstones with they greys?

however, a neck shot may make all the difference in opinions here! :)

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love opals and Tah. pearls. Does the grey in the pearls bring out the grey in the opals? Do the rainbow colors of the opasl bring out more colors in the pearls? Perhaps add a few more opals between the pearls? Or string the opals and use a pearl for a drop?

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
misskittycat|1365891942|3426408 said:
It's a great skill! I am thinking about trying to teach myself.

Definitely try!I just learned how over the Easter weekend. It's actually not that hard at all!

Fiaind - that's beautiful! Your green pearls are stunnning! Neckshot?

I made myself a bracelet of welo opals and pearls, but small, even white ones. I wanted to be able to see the fire. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Fiaind|1365889735|3426387 said:
The more I look at it, the more I really don't like it. But that's the nice thing about learning to string myself. I can take apart what doesn't work and redo it.

Both the opals and Tahitians are gorgeous! But perhaps together they seem to be competing for attention? I have plenty of redos when stringing now and am so glad I finally learned to knot!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results