shape
carat
color
clarity

New necklace!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you don't mind as I'm not sure I'm allowed to post this here but I guess it is vintage! It's on its way to me in the mail at the moment.

It's a 1949 Mazer Art Deco necklace - it's costume jewellery but I think a lovely example of it. :love: (I think I have a new passion!)

I certainly wish they were real diamonds.... :naughty: It's for the upcoming ball for my husband's graduation from military college.

Unfortunately although I found the matching earrings and brooch - the ebay sellers were unwilling to post outside the US so I missed out. ;(

Hope you like it! :wavey:

!B+BTo+g!Wk~$(KGrHqJ,!iYEzMy7VgciBM-YCk3Z!w~~_12.jpg

grad necklace.jpg

!B+BTwKw!2k~$(KGrHqF,!g8EzeNlEHFqBM-YDDfZ!Q~~_12.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful necklace but I think it's better to post only true stones on Pricescope.

One more time, your necklace is adorable.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HotPozzum, NICE find! That's a gorgeous example of costume Deco jewelry, and in perfect condition, too!

Stci, I sort of disagree when it comes to things like this, because they're not simulants or synthetics in the "fakey" sense - they really are costume-y! No one was ever intended to be fooled by this stuff, after all ... just decorated! I actually just wrote to the mods yesterday to clarify whether it was allowed, 'cause I'm getting v. into vintage paste jewelry from the Georgian through the Deco periods, and I'd love to be able to share and benefit from the expertise on here!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I this context, vintage jewellery, it seems fine, but I need to check to be sure it is ok. Paste gems are different than diamond simulants.

For now continue on. I will post again when a firm decision has been made :))

stci

Ideal_Rock
I understand Circe....

Was not sure either if it's allowed or not. Ella will guide us about this question.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
beautiful necklace.when are you going to have a copy made in real diamonds? :lickout:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! I love it, it's so stunning!! You are going to look amazing! What are you planning to wear with it?

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your kind comments! :wavey:

I am planning to wear it with my classic black strapless satin gown and with the Mazer earrings shown below. I don't think they match exactly but seem to share similar elements so I'm hoping they will look like a set. Aiming for "hollywood glamour" style with my long hair curled, red lipstick and lots of lashes! I have my mum's vintage fur stole to wear as well thank goodness (June is winter here!)

$(KGrHqQOKpsE25,fzbddBN)hF)0jbQ~~0_12.jpg

Unicorn64

Rough_Rock
I absolutely love it! Gorgeous necklace and earrings.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look perfect! You have the most awesome sense of style, I love your ideas!!! :appl: :appl:

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! They look like a set to me! Enjoy the party! :))

blondie~

Rough_Rock
I'm sure glad you posted this. The workmanship is exquisite. From an era where glamour and glitz came to life for those other than royalty. Back then, these things were expensive and so admired. I love seeing, learning of these vintage pieces. Wonderful find.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Absolutely gorgeous! I'm a huge fan of the 40's style paste pieces. My Nana had a lot of them, and I was lucky enough that while she was alive I was allowed to play in her jewelry box whenever I wanted to. Thank you for posting this stunning example. :)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. I think it's such a timeless design.

pkanawha

Rough_Rock
I love it! It's beautiful, sohisticated, and very sexy. I don't know what the Pricescope rules are on posting costume jewelry under antique and vintage jewelry, but it doesn't offend me. Maybe we should have a separate forum for costume jewelry!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results