carat
color
clarity

New men’s ring idea

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi guys

hope everyone is well. Have come up with another men’s ring. Now, I have a lovely cabochon ruby (quite included but I love that about it) and I want the stone set with an OEC or ruby/spinel either side of it. Going down the finger, with some metal in between.

Have done a design with blu tac to give you an idea what I mean. It represents the metal but it would be a thin band.

What design does everyone prefer???

C992ADE0-4064-4394-8750-67078A3AC9A2.jpeg C8D609BC-5D15-44B2-B01B-69DF6075C2A6.jpeg

sixcats

Rough_Rock
I like the oec .

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Add me to the OEC list! I like how the clear stones accent and highlight the cabochon color rather than competing or clashing with it

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OECs...What is the shank going to be like? Are you going to have CADs done? I'm not sure I'm understanding the design.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they both look good :))

I am worried that the uppermost stone, near your knuckle, might be at risk of catching on things and/or getting damaged, though??

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THe OECs are gorgeous. I think the all-red one doesn't highlight the beauty of the center stone, which is problematic. But SUCH A COOL PROJECT!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer OEC as well. Unless have you tried it with all five stones? spinel OEC ruby OEC spinel?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely like it more with the diamonds. I would place the stones a bit closer together though, so that when you are moving your hand it doesn't catch on things.

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think they both look good :))

I am worried that the uppermost stone, near your knuckle, might be at risk of catching on things and/or getting damaged, though??

Same. How much distance do you think? Or any other ideas for placement?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely like it more with the diamonds. I would place the stones a bit closer together though, so that when you are moving your hand it doesn't catch on things.

+1

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same. How much distance do you think? Or any other ideas for placement?
I think it would still look good but be a bit safer if the end of the ring was before the first fold of skin at your knuckle, perhaps? (So ending where the bottom of the top diamond is.) It then wouldn't protrude over your knuckle when you closed your fingers into your palm :)

I'm not sure it that would make it a bit short, though?? Have you considered turning the cabochon sideways?

Lots of potential options!

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not really my style. But I like the the red stone pointed in the compass direction best.

Blackish band has a nice contrast. Do you have enough smaller diamonds to do a design like this?

InkedCapture99_LI.jpg

Also, is that a trojan ring I see in the background? LOL

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Not really my style. But I like the the red stone pointed in the compass direction best.

Blackish band has a nice contrast. Do you have enough smaller diamonds to do a design like this?

InkedCapture99_LI.jpg

Also, is that a trojan ring I see in the background? LOL

Yes - I purchased that in Greece in September. I love it. Most Trojan rings just have the helmet but this has a gold face coming through.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes - I purchased that in Greece in September. I love it. Most Trojan rings just have the helmet but this has a gold face coming through.

Cool find. The gold face is actually what caught my attention. I didn't realize it was unique, but that's what I liked about it.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The top pic is cool. Also the stone in compass direction I agree. I like the blackish metal also. I do not like the vertical design with two stones especially not set so far apart.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To throw a random idea out there, have you thought about having the cabochon in the centre and then the diamonds at each end?

Although not all facing up - I'm thinking that if you imagine the overall shape on top of the finger as like a chunk of Yorkie chocolate bar but smaller, the centre would be the cabochon and then the end faces would be the diamonds, so the diamonds faced left and right while the cabochon faced upwards?

Cosmetologist

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@kevnick80

Wow Wow Wow!! All the Above White Diamond Designs are pretty amazing the way the create such Juxtaposition with the Ruby is breathtaking! I'd be hard pushed to decide for myself! :lol-2:

Can I be so nosy & ask the Specs of all the Wonderful Antique Cut Diamonds you have lol talk about Total Diamond ****!! Are they a mix of Old Mines & Peruzzi Cuts? Where did you find such Beauties??

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although not all facing up - I'm thinking that if you imagine the overall shape on top of the finger as like a chunk of Yorkie chocolate bar but smaller, the centre would be the cabochon and then the end faces would be the diamonds, so the diamonds faced left and right while the cabochon faced upwards?

What? :lol:

Rough photochop hack...

Capture1.PNG

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What? :lol:

Rough photochop hack...

Capture1.PNG

Tsk... These colonials... no idea of proper chocolate... ;)) :lol: LOL

Yorkie-Bar.jpg

So the cabochon would be east-west like a chunk of the bar, and the diamonds would be on the sides, facing east and west - if that makes sense?? lol

Not sure how you'd make the setting so it wasn't bulky, but it might work?!

EDIT: And now I'm hungry.... lol

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tsk... These colonials... no idea of proper chocolate... ;)) :lol: LOL

Yorkie-Bar.jpg

So the cabochon would be east-west like a chunk of the bar, and the diamonds would be on the sides, facing east and west - if that makes sense?? lol

Not sure how you'd make the setting so it wasn't bulky, but it might work?!

EDIT: And now I'm hungry.... lol

Never ate one, but always willing to sample at least once. Do you need my address? LOL

One of my favorite candy bars is a Skor. I don't eat them very often, but it's a treat when I get them. It's really weird, when I eat them I get goosebumps. Not sure if those in the UK, but you need to give a whirl if so.

Damn, now I'm hungry too.

Back to ring designs. Basically like my photochop above, except flip the red stone to run E/W instead of N/S?

I think that'd be tough. I don't think his finger has enough width to carry that many mm's. Or if you got the diamonds in then they would be wrapping around and down the insides of his fingers. I'd think that would be weird wearing myself, but he has some unique rings that probably has similar textures/feel.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I highly recommend the raisin and biscuit Yorkies! :drool: lol

Not heard of Skor - will have to check them out!

re: the ring... (veering off topic on a PS thread? Never ;-) lol) yes to East-west cabochon but then the end stones set at 45-90 degrees to the horizontal, kind of like this (ignoring the full stops, added because the forum takes out all the spaces without them):

.. ____
/..........\

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I highly recommend the raisin and biscuit Yorkies! :drool: lol

Not heard of Skor - will have to check them out!

re: the ring... (veering off topic on a PS thread? Never ;-) lol) yes to East-west cabochon but then the end stones set at 45-90 degrees to the horizontal, kind of like this (ignoring the full stops, added because the forum takes out all the spaces without them):

.. ____
/..........\

Excuse my ignorance, but I’m not really picturing what you mean?

I don’t want the ring to be diamond-ruby-diamond in the same plane on the band. That looks far too traditional.

this photo is an idea of what I DONT want

I’m inspired by Taffin (love Scarlett Johannsons engagement ring!!) and Glenn Spiro.

7091D0CE-8905-4C0C-81A1-45740C0459A5.png

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rough sketch. Curves need smoothed out, and probably shortened so it fits between your knuckle and joint. But it gives you an idea.

1.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s pretty hard to riff off of the unique designer you noted, without doing too much.
But here’s my contributions BD1F4FBB-6DF6-4A54-9CC6-5180429A77F9.jpeg 182B0498-E892-4BCC-B49B-3FDD11875BBA.jpeg
My preference out of your posted ideas would be the two stones directly n/s of the straight black band, no extension.

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Rough sketch. Curves need smoothed out, and probably shortened so it fits between your knuckle and joint. But it gives you an idea.

1.jpg

Love that!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results