shape
carat
color
clarity

New Member, Searching for engagement ring

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond! You received great help from the PSers on this thread! I am going to chime in for the setting - $1650+tax is way too much for that setting even in plat! I am. It sure where you are located, but I would reach out to IDJ and ask for a quote for the setting, they have been known to provide the lowest prices on Gabriel&Co pieces.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mech1UP, sorry I'm just now catching up with this thread... I'm so happy you chose a diamond, and I'm even more pleased that you love it -- it's gorgeous!! Now on to the setting! :)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond! You received great help from the PSers on this thread! I am going to chime in for the setting - $1650+tax is way too much for that setting even in plat! I am. It sure where you are located, but I would reach out to IDJ and ask for a quote for the setting, they have been known to provide the lowest prices on Gabriel&Co pieces.

Yes, that is WAY too much for that setting. I second @SimoneDi's advice about IDJ -- they always do beautiful settings at an amazing price point!

Mech1UP

Rough_Rock
So I looked up ID Jewelry online, and they are located not too far from me in NYC. Got a few quotes and everything was substantially cheaper. I was pretty shocked. I'm going to check out their store this weekend and see if I finally choose the exact setting I like.

Mech1UP

Rough_Rock
Went to ID Jewelry store in NYC and checked them out while I was in the area. It's a tiny shop on the 3rd floor, however they were very helpful and I am looking at either Gabriel setting being made in platinum there. The first one is more, because of the halo plus side stones. The second is my original choice. Both fall within my budget. ( https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER7482PT4JJ ) , ( https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER7815W44JJ ) I just wanted to know, are they a reputable company? Any good stories about them? They seemed a bit anxious for me to buy, but I wanted some opinions first. Yekutiel was extremely nice and very helpful in selecting these for me. The only information I can get on the place is from Yelp.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Went to ID Jewelry store in NYC and checked them out while I was in the area. It's a tiny shop on the 3rd floor, however they were very helpful and I am looking at either Gabriel setting being made in platinum there. The first one is more, because of the halo plus side stones. The second is my original choice. Both fall within my budget. ( https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER7482PT4JJ ) , ( https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER7815W44JJ ) I just wanted to know, are they a reputable company? Any good stories about them? They seemed a bit anxious for me to buy, but I wanted some opinions first. Yekutiel was extremely nice and very helpful in selecting these for me. The only information I can get on the place is from Yelp.
I remember the first time I visited them, I was surprised at how small their store is. I read so many positive reviews here and I guess I was expecting a fancy shop. But don't be fooled, they are 100% legit and easy to deal with. I find that they are sometimes easier to work with online vs in the store, because their store hrs seem to be always busy. 3 of my friend purchased Gabriel&Co. settings + bands from they and they have been happy with the quality for the price.
From the settings that you posted, I like this one better: https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER7482PT4JJ I like the extra coverage and it reminds me of a favorite Ritani setting, but the choice is yours in the end, both are very pretty.

Mech1UP

Rough_Rock
@SimoneDi Thanks for the input! I know, I was kind of expecting more when I went to visit there, but they were very nice folks and great prices! I am inclined to choose the setting with the side stones, it has a bit more pop to it in my opinion. Anyone else have a good experience with IDJ?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know she loves the halo design, so i've been looking around that area. She is also allergic to nickel, so I am inclined to choose platinum. Thought about palladium, however it may be more difficult to work with from my research. I am still thinking about it, but I like this Gabriel setting. It would of course be more for platinum, but peace of mind for her. Found a local jeweler who could get it done in Platinum for $1650+TX. That would make the grand total right at the top of my budget. Thoughts?
https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER7815W44JJ

Classic, elegant & refined!! She'll LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to see hand shots!!! ;)2

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember the first time I visited them, I was surprised at how small their store is. I read so many positive reviews here and I guess I was expecting a fancy shop. But don't be fooled, they are 100% legit and easy to deal with. I find that they are sometimes easier to work with online vs in the store, because their store hrs seem to be always busy. 3 of my friend purchased Gabriel&Co. settings + bands from they and they have been happy with the quality for the price.
From the settings that you posted, I like this one better: https://www.gabrielny.com/engagement-ring/ER7482PT4JJ I like the extra coverage and it reminds me of a favorite Ritani setting, but the choice is yours in the end, both are very pretty.
*Gasp!* I LOVE THIS, TOO!!! GAH!! How do you choose?!?

Mech1UP

Rough_Rock
Its a tough call, I honestly love both. Ive gotten so much help from people on this forum, and I greatly appreciate it! Plenty of photos for sure when I get them!

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ABSOLUTELY love the Noelle as well, it is stunning!

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
be sure to post pics when its done!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock

Hi there, well I can tell you I bought 3 diamonds from Yekutiel and have my eye on a 4th diamond I saw just last Friday. I must have missed you if you stopped by on Friday. I went around 2 pm. Yes, diamonds and jewelry are addictive :mrgreen2:
Anyway you ask are they reputable, the answer is Yes!
IDJ is family owned and operated and they are not only reputable but they have excellent reviews and reputation. They are honest easy going folks and always aim to please their customers. Don't get scared of the small store on 3rd floor. I remember when they had the store located on the ground floor a couple doors away then they moved into the building on 3rd floor at 15 West 47th street. They can get any designer setting for you made for your center stone and if you need a diamond they will source one for you and your budget. They can work with any budget to help you make your ring. IDJ also made my diamond by the yard necklace as well and also a diamond bezel solitaire necklace last April and it came out similar to the Tiffany one except it was half the price Tiffany charges and my diamond is larger and brighter. Diamond was purchased from Yekutiel then Shuli his sister helped me with my necklace.
If you want to see other reviews or what other jewlery and rings they made for other people on this forum, just type in his name on the upper right hand side on top of the forum in the search box. You will see several rings, earrings in show me the bling forum. They have helped many pricescopers. :D
I am looking forward to seeing your ring when its complete.
Please post pictures!

Last edited:

Mech1UP

Rough_Rock
@Madison2 Thank you for the info! I will gladly post photos once I have it all put together.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOOHOO!!! So exciting!!! It looks fantastic!!! :mrgreen2:

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pretty setting! Can't wait to see it with your diamond.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Looks beautiful.
Who is setting the stone? IDJ?

Mech1UP

Rough_Rock
@Madison2 Yes, ill be getting it set by IDJ once I have some spare time to get into the city.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty setting, it's lovely

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I'm sure they will do so, but specify you'd like delicate claw prongs!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
@Madison2 Yes, ill be getting it set by IDJ once I have some spare time to get into the city.
Great! I'DJ set several rings for me and they do beautiful work with claw prongs. Very classy.
Cannot wait to see the finished ring.

Mech1UP

Rough_Rock
So I couldn't make time to go in the city to have it set. I had a local jeweler set the stone near home. It came out great! Sorry for the bad phone photos, I tried! In person it really sparkles. 20171004_173424.jpg 20171004_173457.jpg

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
It's a beautiful ring!
Are you OK with the prongs holding the diamond?
ÌDJ makes the prongs thin and claw like. It's too bad you couldn't get to them to set the diamond.
As long as your happy that's all that matters.
Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results