shape
carat
color
clarity

New member, new OEC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemcat

Rough_Rock
Hello, I''m new to Pricescope and I would appreciate opinions on my new OEC. Plus, suggestions on a setting for it.

VLYCRN1.jpg

gemcat

Rough_Rock
The diamond is a very light yellow according to the grading report, it is 2.10 carats, and an I1. I prefer antique style settings and it needs to be something that will protect the stone. Part of the I1 clarity is a couple of chips in the girdle and I certainly don''t want any more. This is a photo of the pavilion.

VLYPAV1.jpg

SparkleyBezel

Rough_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I''m loving this cut!

fairwayflunkie

Shiny_Rock
Lovely stone...no ideas here...but I like it...

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Here's my thread from a while ago when I was on the search for a setting to reset my OEC...
Burk's reset

Love your stone and can't wait to see it set!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely stone!!!!!!!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Looks like a nice clean I1. It isn''t unusual at all to find chipped girdles on old stones. They do need protecting though. I look for either halo settings that the stone fits down inside with prongs or bezels. Or other antique type settings where the stone fits deep into the setting and is protected by metal.

(I may be repeating some other posters here but I don''t have the time to read the responses at the moment, I''m just abouit done wtih my break at work- sorry
3.gif
)

Beverly K has some nice halo settings, some are very reasonable and the workmanship is great- Pearlman''s carries the line.

Van Craeynest is fabulous if you have a good sized budget- the only place that does true antique style die struck and pierced settigns as far as I know.

Singlestone has great custom antique style settings, again, rather pricey though.

Greenlake Jewelers is fantastic, and does the BEST antique style engraving I''ve seen. They do great custom work and are not that expensive comparatively.

I like actual antique settings, but it can be a huge PITA to find one- usually I will set my stone temporarily and then hunt for the setting. I found both the antique settings I used for my OECs off eBay actually; one took about three months to find, the other two years nearly. The larger size stones (2ct & up) can be hard to find a setting for.

gemcat

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your advice and help. I''ve sent the diamond to Winfield''s for Wink to look at and give me some advice. I''ve about decided on something bezel set or very low prong set because of the chipped girdle. My budget isn''t huge, but I found this setting at Adwar.

http://www.adwar.com/products/styles/22409L/view

It has an antique look to it and would protect the stone pretty well. My mind isn''t made up, by any means, though.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone.

gemcat

Rough_Rock
I sent my stone to Winfield''s and Wink is having his bench set my OEC. He has ordered some lower color diamonds for the side stones and is just waiting for them to arrive. Adwar sent him the setting last week. If the side diamonds come in soon, I may have my ring in a week to 10 days or so. Yippeeeee! :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This should be beautiful! Wink does excellent work. Thats a very pretty I1!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see the finished product!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That is so beautiful! I''m no expert, but I look at that and see a yellow gold bezel set on a platinum antique ring!

gemcat

Rough_Rock
I settled on a lovely mounting from Adwar and Wink Jones set it for me. I''ve posted a couple of photos in the "Show me the ring" forum. Thank you all for your help and advice. :)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS and BEAUTIFUL stone - the light yellow color is lovely.
36.gif
36.gif

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
wow that is a rock!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results