shape
carat
color
clarity

New Member Needs a Little Help with Diamond Purchase?? :))

eyecandy4mybaby

Rough_Rock
Hello guys and gals, hopefully I am in the correct forum I am fairly new to this whole new world that is diamonds, and I have been

looking at all the threads trying to get a general idea of what I want to spend and what type of diamond that I am looking for my future

wife, and which online vendors are most reputable to deal with and so on, so based on their reviews and outstanding customer service I

kinda had my mind made up already to go purchase a diamond from BGD, and the diamond that I am looking at currently is one of

Brian's blue line's, but I wanted to see if I could actually find a jewelry store in my area that had a similar diamond with a blue flour. in

it, so today I called up a local jewelry store Jared in my area and just I was talking to a lady who said that she was the store manager,

and I begin by asking her if she had any diamonds in their store currently that had blue flour. that I could visually come in and look at,

and almost immediately she began by telling me that I shouldn't in fact ever even consider purchasing a diamond online without seeing

it first, which initiallly I have to be honest here before I found pricescope, I had no knowledge of diamonds, and would never consider

even purchasing one online for a substantial amount of money without seeing it first, but after months now of researching, I feel more

comfortable to purchase a diamond online now that I have looked at over 300 pages in just one thread most of which are all from

reputable online vendors, such as WF, Blunile, BGD, ERD, GOG, etc...sorry if I left anyone out I'm sure that there are more, with buyers

who all seem to be very pleased with their purchase, so getting back to my story I am almost scared to go into their store or any other

jewelry store for that matter and make an impluse buy just because the sales lady is trying to bait me in to buying a diamond in their

store and not online, which also when I compared their diamonds online and the pricing some of their diamond's quality didn't seem to

even measure up, what I found was that most of the jewelry store diamonds are either an I, or J ( not that there's is anything wrong

with either of these colors let me make that clear ) with either an SI2-I1 clarity ( not that there's anything wrong with that clarity

either ) but what is wrong to me is that they are seem to be well overpriced for those characteristics, and if you did go higher in color

in clarity to say an F or G color in an SI1 or VS1 clarity you can bet you will pay way more than what you would pay for online? And I've

also took note of the fact that I read somewhere on these threads that Jewelry store lighting can have an effect on making a diamond

look more vibrant and beautiful than it really is which is something I would like to avoid, and then when you view it in other lighting

settings it can appear dull not like when in the store under their led lighting? so with BGD I know that he is a reputable vendor and his

signature and blue line series diamonds will be cut to the highest standards, for me I think its more or a matter if I should pull the

trigger on the BGD blue line or go with a BGD signature with no blue flour.? So I guess what I am trying to ask you all is has this ever

happened to you as far as feeling the pressure to see and buy your diamond in the store vs from an online reputable vendor, like in my

case I plan to go with BGD, so do you think that I will be safe by going through them or should I consider going into the jewelry stores to

compare features. Just wondering who else has had this decision to make and what did you ultimately decide was best to do buy online

or buy in the store? Should I go with a BGD blue line close to 1ct in a G SI1 or go to Jared or another jewelry store where most

likely I would end up with at best an HIJ, SI2-I1 ( again not that those are bad features in a diamond I'm just using it as a

comparison )
Sorry for this long question again its my very first post on the forum and, I just want to get a little feedback from you

guys/girls and get the best possible diamond for the best possible price and quality, that I can buy for my future wife. And how come I

can't get my paragraph's to align all the way to the right like your guys posts :)) you can tell I'm not very computer skilled lol.. help :???:

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
Re: New Member Needs a Little Help with Diamond Purchase?? :

You are soo much better off buying online. Ofcourse a sales lady from a local jewelry store will tell you not to buy online, they want you to buy from them! As far as which diamond to buy, it would be helpful to know what your budget is. I wouldn't be scared to buy from BGD, blue or otherwise :twirl:

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

I'd go with BGD in a heartbeat~

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow...just made it through your post...Of course most of us have bought on-line and have been very happy. Most all the vedors
that you see on Pricescope have good return policys. If you dont like the stone for some reason or another...return it. Yes,
it will cost you a little for having it sent but whats important is to love the stone. BGD has beautiful stones. They are very
picky. I have a small J with strong Flour. Love it! BGD also provides you with photos/h&A/aset images so you can see that
your stone will be a good performer. Most chain jewerlers cant or dont provide them. You get a few stones to look at and
have to decide between them. That does work but its also nice to have endless options like you can find on-line.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I came here over 5 years ago and am thankful that I learned I could get a better quality diamond for a lower price and will NEVER have to shop for diamonds in a jewelry store again!!!! I feel extremely sorry for those who end up with those lower quality stones from chain stores when they could get better stones for the money at certain online vendors. And I say certain, because not all online places are equal. But Brian Gavin is certainly one of the best, and I wouldn't hesitate buying a stone (and setting) from him. In fact, I recently got an old diamond from my mother and I had Brian recut it for me! I'd be happy to have a stone from his Blue line, too!

eyecandy4mybaby

Rough_Rock

diamondseeker2006|1307487953|2940219 said:
I came here over 5 years ago and am thankful that I learned I could get a better quality diamond for a lower price and will NEVER have to shop for diamonds in a jewelry store again!!!! I feel extremely sorry for those who end up with those lower quality stones from chain stores when they could get better stones for the money at certain online vendors. And I say certain, because not all online places are equal. But Brian Gavin is certainly one of the best, and I wouldn't hesitate buying a stone (and setting) from him. In fact, I recently got an old diamond from my mother and I had Brian recut it for me! I'd be happy to have a stone from his Blue line, too!

hello everyone and thanks for the much needed help, and you're right on the money diamondseeker, I can see how people can easily get drawn into the whole don't buy a diamond online concept, just go to the store, but the stats don't lie, ok I'm looking at a BGD .90ct G SI1 blue line w/SB for around $5000, and most jewelry stores are only offering me like either a .50ct or at best a .75 ct, ( both of which I was also considering until I decided on trying to go for closer to a 1ct ) in either a HIJ color, SI2-I1 clarity, for the same price or even higher price than the .90ct G SI1 that I can get from BGD,so at this point I think that I am really leaning more towards BGD, I even have my eye on a J SI1 1.0ct with VSB from BGD, which is also making my decision even that harder to make but I think it sounds like from your guys/girls responses is that either diamond I decide to purchase I can't go wrong with BGD :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results