shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

New Member...I need your help!!!

Discussion in 'RockyTalky' started by M155_L337, Aug 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M155_L337
    Rough_Rock

by M155_L337 » Aug 20, 2006
    Hey Ya''''ll! My name is Kristin, I''''m from Missouri. Recently, the other half and I went on the much awaited engagement ring shopping trip. We went to almost every jeweler in the area and couldn’t find "the" ring, well, until we opened up the pages of the "Modern Jeweler" magazine at a local jeweler. It’s either the July or August issue that has the ring of my dreams. It''''s a tension set diamond ring that is VERY modern and VERY unique. It’s one of those rings that you have to see to get a description. If any of you get the magazine I’m sure you know exactly which ring I’m talking about. The problem is I can’t get my hands on a copy of the magazine, the jeweler won’t copy the page for me, I can’t remember the designer’s name (I think it was German) and the editor of the magazine won’t sell me the single issue.

My plea to anyone who receives the magazine...is to PLEASE help me get my hands on a picture of my dream ring or the name/number of the designer. I’ve looked on the website of Modern Jeweler...but unfortunately they don’t have the article/advertisement/picture posted on their site.

PLEASE HELP!!

2. Colored Gemstone Nut
    Ideal_Rock
    Trade

by Colored Gemstone Nut » Aug 20, 2006
    Hi !

I know of 2 designers who are well known in the industry for making tension set rings.

(1) Kretchmer
    (2) Gelin & Abaci

Do a search in Google and hit images and I am sure you will find the ring your lookinng for. Both companies have excellent lines of tension set rings. They are spendy though...[​IMG]

3. M155_L337
    Rough_Rock

by M155_L337 » Aug 20, 2006
    I know of both designers. However, it''s neither of them. This ring isn’t any ordinary tension set ring. It’s unique in every way possible, and it’s resizable!

I wish I had a photographic memory. If I didn’t live two hours away from the jeweler, I’d go back

[​IMG]

4. phoenixgirl
    Ideal_Rock

by phoenixgirl » Aug 20, 2006
    Did you call the jeweler and ask? If s/he refused to tell you, that''s terrible. If that''s the case and nobody here can help you, I''d drive back there the next time it''s convenient, announce that you''re ready to buy a super huge expensive diamond and the setting, ask to see the page again just to tickle your fancy as you decide what gazillion dollar diamond to buy, MEMORIZE it this time [​IMG], then excuse yourself to "make a phone call" outside, hop in your car and drive away.

Can you describe the setting a bit more?

5. codex57
    Brilliant_Rock

by codex57 » Aug 21, 2006
    ^^^ Or just take a pic with a digital camera or camera phone. Then post the pic here for us to help ID it.

6. Kismet
    Ideal_Rock

7. sanfranciscoellen
    Brilliant_Rock

8. CaptAubrey
    Brilliant_Rock

by CaptAubrey » Aug 21, 2006
    I''m guessing that''s it--it''s on the last page of the August issue. The designer is Gebruder Schaffrath--the phone number they give is 773-296-6355. I''m guessing they won''t sell you one directly, but should be happy to send you to their nearest dealer.

9. kcoursolle
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by kcoursolle » Aug 21, 2006
    Boone is another tension setting brand. Good luck, I hope you find it. That picture above is really cool by the way.

10. M155_L337
    Rough_Rock

by M155_L337 » Aug 21, 2006
    OH MY!!

thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!!

yes, that's my ring ^_^

you guys rock me.

I looked all over that website for that ring, how did you guys find it?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.