shape
carat
color
clarity

New Member but Another Asscher question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BABYPUFFIN

Rough_Rock
Hi I''ve lurked here for awhie and have finally took the plunge and joined. I''m going to look at this stone next week but wanted to get some prelimnary thoughts about it. Here are the stats. A question I have is would the 58% table make the stone look bigger and how much do you think it could. Another stone I saw online had a girdle of medium to very thick is that bad and why shuch a variation of the girlde thickness. Thanks again!

Color: G
Clarity:VS1
Shape: Asscher Style
Depth: 69.8%
Table: 58%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
Culet: N
Girdle: STK-TK
Measurements: 4.92x4.83x3.37

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
At first glance that diamond is too deep. Try for a depth of around 65%. The table is good. 58-62% is a nice range. As for girdles... thin is bad. Beyond that someone will have to advise you who isn''t me...lol. I do know that on some cuts girdle thickness is vital, and that asschers aren''t one of those cuts (like princesses and rounds). I have a thick girdle on mine and it''s a shiny sucker.

One thing with asschers. They should be octagonal. Not too square and have nice windmills as a result. If you can get scans of the ring for light dispersion and so on it would be good... but if you are seeing them in person... make sure you have more than one at a time to look at... side by side comparisons are your friend. And PLEASE PLEASE take that sucker outside and look at in in the shade, in bright light, in not so bright light... not just under your jewelers lights.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Welcome BabyPuffin
35.gif

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
pushing 70% which is on the deep side but some of the best asschers fall in the 68%-70% range.
Its worth a look.
Check out the patterns and the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results