shape
carat
color
clarity

New MasterCutGems in a snowy city

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
On a chilly Sunday in a snowy city, some new gemmies made it out of their boxes, to explore the wider, cold world.

My goodness, what have we here?

whathavewehere.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, you brought a friend? Are you cold? Here, wrap yourselves up in a scarf, I know its chilly outside, even though your friend is kind of a big guy!

friendsonascarf.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
No, the scarf doesn''t do it for you? Well, do you want to see what we have for food? Sometimes food helps when you''re cold! There''s probably something in the breadbox...

breadboxsapphire.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, not up for straight carbs? Bah, on a diet, I see. What about some fruit? Do you like clementines? I''ve always heard that sapphires like clementines.

sapphireslikeclementines.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Perhaps you''d like to eat your fruit closer to the window, where you can see outside. It is the very end of the day, anyway, and you should see the last rays of light on the snow, its rather lovely.

sparklyfruitysapphire.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Now, if you''re done with your snack, can I get back to work? Thank you. I''ll just take out my folders...

onblacksides.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
And perhaps some books. (most people have flowers. Its snowy here; I have books.)

historylearninsapphire.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
The problem with books, though, especially when you''re just a little .69 carat guy, is that you can get absorbed pretty easily.

booksnotflowers.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
And your friends get jealous, and try to steal the spotlight.

glowyMCGfriends.JPG

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
But that''s ok, because even though you are tiny and a bit grayish, you were an amazing steal, you sparkle like crazy in desktop lighting, and I wanted something blue gray. Don''t worry, its a cold cold blizzardy city, but I promise to keep you warm and happy forever. Or at least until I make you into an awesome bezel pendant.

The End.

sparklyMCGsapphire.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Cute story and cute new stones, Novel. That''s some heavy duty reading for such a tiny crystal. Love sapphires and fruit. Any chance you can give the specs on your new pretties? And, isn''t Dana great?

Thanks for the pictures.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Fly Girl! I know, I couldn't believe I grabbed that book. Poor little guy! Its pretty much all there is around BF's desk, though. Historians...

Yes, specs! The purple is a spinel, 2.3 carats, 7.5 x 9.2 mm. Dana's notes are that its "SI - I, veil on one end, purple blue, Tunduru". This was a nice super cheapy from Dana - love him!

The sapphire is a .69 carats, 5 mm, Montana gem from Dana's sale. His pic had been much more silver than it is IRL. I'd been wanting something on the gray side to make into a pendant and this little guy fit the bill. I'm actually really loving the colors, especially the one on the breadbox and the sparkly lighter color it shows on the clementine.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The spinel has a nice shift but wow, did the sapphire really pop on the orange. Your might want to consider yellow gold for its setting!

JustLikeYou

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/20/2009 10:14:20 PM
Author: Chrono
The spinel has a nice shift but wow, did the sapphire really pop on the orange. Your might want to consider yellow gold for its setting!

You know, I never thought of that, but that''s a great test for setting stones...

Q: "Should this go in yellow gold?"

A: "Stick it on an orange and find out!"

9.gif
... Ok, that played out much funnier in my head.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Very cute thread and lovely stones.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Tee hee so cute! Lovely gemmies :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Novel! lovely new gemmies my friend!... what will you do with them
36.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
so pretty! What are your plans for the lovelies?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, very cute photos!
I can''t wait to see it turned into a pendant!

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, guys!
36.gif

Chrono, what a dunce I am! I didn''t even think of the orange representing yellow gold! I just wanted something it wouldn''t fall off of as the light was dying (winter light is impossibly quick!). But you''re right, the color looks amazing against it. I''m so pale, though, I don''t know that I''d wear a yg pendant all that often...

, I totally see it. Aw, go stick it in your orange! There is something very mob about it to me!
31.gif

Thanks, Lovinggems and Porridge! I''m excited about the sapphire, and the spinel was a nice grapey throw in! I couldn''t resist a story. I was kind of bored...

Hey hey D&T! Thanks. Its my first stone to keep for myself, so I''m really excited! and Pack, I''m thinking sliding bezel pendant, but its actually one BF and I are going to do together, so we''ll see what he thinks, too. I can see the pull of making it into a ring, though, since I like watching it color shift and sparkle all the time! I think I''ll be waiting on it a bit, though. I kind of want to go JKT on it...

Thanks
3.gif
, MTG!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful pics, especially the ones including FRUIT!!!

New photo trend on PS: Display with Fruit!

Next Photo Trend: Vegetables? PS-ers have already covered pets...Their own hands...Flowers...Candies? Think of the colorful possibilities with Skittles, M&Ms, etc. Snow was a great idea too
36.gif

Love your new stones and thank you for sharing the fun.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Stonie! Sadly, I can''t take credit for the trend. I think Fly Girl''s raspberry shot influenced me more than I know! I have to say, though, if I ever get a cab, I''m so taking some candy shots!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about a 2 toned pendant then?
2.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 10:31:36 AM
How about a 2 toned pendant then?
2.gif

That could be fun! Maybe rimmed with yellow gold to highlight the color? Like that Sholdt that Uppy was thinking of... or who has that awesome peridot bezel pendant? Oh yum. Thinking about this stuff is as good as reading recipes!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2009 10:59:42 AM
Author: Novel
That could be fun! Maybe rimmed with yellow gold to highlight the color? Like that Sholdt that Uppy was thinking of... or who has that awesome peridot bezel pendant? Oh yum. Thinking about this stuff is as good as reading recipes!

Exactly! I recall seeing a bezeled pendant with both yellow followed by a white rim somewhere here on PS not too long ago.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 11:13:10 AM

Date: 12/22/2009 10:59:42 AM

Exactly! I recall seeing a bezeled pendant with both yellow followed by a white rim somewhere here on PS not too long ago.

Yes! It was D&T's, also made by JKT, I think! Let me hunt... Ok, I'm using IE for Pricescope for the first time, and wow is it a different experience! Dragging pics, amazing! Previews of posts where you can see the pics! Sorry, but that revolutionized my life!

So, D&T, can I use your amazing taste and pendant as influence?
31.gif
30.gif

tn1peridot.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 10:13:03 AM
Thanks, Stonie! Sadly, I can''t take credit for the trend. I think Fly Girl''s raspberry shot influenced me more than I know! I have to say, though, if I ever get a cab, I''m so taking some candy shots!
Novel - Aren''t you and Stonie sweet! I never thought of myself as a trend setter, but what the heck??
9.gif
There are no flowers around my house this time of year. But, fruit, like flowers, features nature''s pure colorations, without the grey or brown masks. It took me a few years to begin to understand this concept, but I''m finally starting to get it.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results