shape
carat
color
clarity

new LOGR setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Just received this new setting in the mail. LOGR rose gold double halo setting...

SSCN1123.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Side view

SSCN1124.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Flower shot...

SSCN1121.JPG

mochi

Ideal_Rock
.... I think its pretty. I''m going to set the rhodolite garnet that I purchased from Rick..

SSCN1120.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s very pretty. How exciting for you!
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Mochi, I adore your royal rhodolite! Can''t wait to see it set.
4.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too can''t wait. I hope all goes well with having your garnet set and the setting lasts a lifetime!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochi - how do you feel about the diamonds in the ring? Did you upgrade or just go with the "normal" diamonds? I ask because I''ve had good and bad experiences with the "normal" range!

BTW can''t wait to see it when it''s set AND I''m so jealous that you''ve actually got some sun to photograph the setting with! We''re expecting snow tomorrow!!!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
No upgrading done.... the diamonds look pretty good, I really didn''t notice any darkened ones nor any loose stones. It''s at the jewelers now and he said he''ll check to make sure all the stones are secure. This is my first purchase from LOGR so I really don''t have another one to compare it to. I am pleased with it except the fact that it was listed as fitting a 7x9 gem stone but when checked it''s made for a 9x10, therefore my rhondolite garnet will not fit.... BUT DON"T DISPARE.... I already have another stone to take it''s place!!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

What really ticks me off is that LOGR''s measurement for the stone for the particular setting is not quite true. I''m wondering if it''s better to get the setting first than get it measured for accuracy and than get the stone???

It''s been pretty chilly here in the south but probably not like where you are, no snow here.. But I''ve been having to put sweat shirts on my boxers to keep them warm
41.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
That setting is so delicate and beautiful! I can''t wait to see the final product!!
36.gif

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
I think getting the stone last would work best with these settings.

The diamonds look pink in those photos. I love the setting!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2008 3:29:23 PM
Author: mochi
No upgrading done.... the diamonds look pretty good, I really didn't notice any darkened ones nor any loose stones. It's at the jewelers now and he said he'll check to make sure all the stones are secure. This is my first purchase from LOGR so I really don't have another one to compare it to. I am pleased with it except the fact that it was listed as fitting a 7x9 gem stone but when checked it's made for a 9x10, therefore my rhondolite garnet will not fit.... BUT DON'T DISPARE.... I already have another stone to take it's place!!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

What really ticks me off is that LOGR's measurement for the stone for the particular setting is not quite true. I'm wondering if it's better to get the setting first than get it measured for accuracy and than get the stone???

It's been pretty chilly here in the south but probably not like where you are, no snow here.. But I've been having to put sweat shirts on my boxers to keep them warm
41.gif
I think it was a typo in his listing because that setting is off by full millimeters. I've noticed other typos in his listings, so it's quite possible that this is one as well. LaurenThePartier indicated that it's always best to get a stone that's perhaps 2 to 3 tenths of a millimeter smaller than the advertised size for the LOGR's. However, that's just ridiculous if he states it's 7x9 and it's really 9x10. The important thing though is that you love it and that you can use it for something. It's a very lovely setting. I just adore the rose gold and I think whatever you put in there will be just gorgeous. I recently received a three stone rose gold LOGR, and I think it's beautiful, and it stated it was made to fit a 7mm round and two 3 mm sides, and it fits my 6.8mm and my two 3mm stones. I still have to get the stones set, but it doesn't look like there will be a problem.

Just curious, did you win it on $1 starting auction, or did you buy it at the higher listing price or the higher start auction price? I suspect he might be putting cheaper diamonds in his settings that people win for very low prices, but I could be wrong. In fact, I made him state to me in writing that he would be using VS stones in my rose gold LOGR that I won on a low starting price auction. The listing also indicated that there would be VS diamonds in the ring, and that's what I expected.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Goodness... I meant 8x10, not 9x10, sorry!

I wasn''t betting on this particular setting, it was a "buy it now". You might be on to something there, TL... maybe there is a quality issue with the items starting at low betting price. I have been pretty unlucky when it comes to winning a setting.
15.gif

Your rose gold ring is absolutely beautiful, can''t wait to see the finished ring. When I took the setting to the jeweler yesterday, he had tons and tons of colored diamonds (not treated) and it was TDF! I could have stayed in there for hours but I was already late for work (DARN!). He had blue, chocolate, champagne, green, pink, ..... be still my heart!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the compliments on my three stone setting. I love it.

It still could have been a typo since 7x9 is not typically a calibrated size, unless I'm mistaken???? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know. My other "Buy it Now" pieces had nice sparkling diamonds in them. The Legacy that I chose not to upgrade has very nice SI diamonds (there's a couple with bugers, but most of them sparkle).

Wow, your jeweler sounds fabulous and all those colored diamonds. My jeweler only carries yellow diamonds. I'm still dreaming about stepcutnut's yellow-green kryptonite glowing diamond. It's like an ex-boyfriend you miss and you can't get him out of your head (I rather have the diamond though!).

Well, I can't wait to see what you purchased from that fabulous jeweler of yours!! I'm still waiting on setting my stones. Between work, family, and life, if I get to the jeweler in twenty years, I'll be lucky.
face21.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
It''s really pretty, I can''t wait to see it set
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Just got a email from LOGR and they said that they made a mistake and it should be for a 8x10mm stone.... They did change it on their site. Oh will, at least I got to get a new stone for it!

dancingflame

Shiny_Rock
So pretty!!!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
WOW that''s gorgeous! I LOVE the rose gold, especially with pink-ish stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results