shape
carat
color
clarity

"new inclusions"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DoctorZ

Rough_Rock
After a diamond is mounted, has anyone ever seen more "inclusions" than when the diamond was loose? I know this is not possible, but the mounted diamond that I bought seems to be more included than when I examined it loose (in the periphery, little dots). I am assuming that these tiny dots are just reflections from the undersurface of the prongs. Is this correct?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or dirt...see my 'scratches on diamond' post...

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You said, more inclusions than there were before. This indicates that there were some inclusions before. Maybe you are seeing reflectors of those inclusions for the first time. No, the diamond did not grow inclusions unless you smacked it real good and it now has a chip or something. It also may just be dirt like Mara said.

DoctorZ

Rough_Rock
I've scrubbed it clean several times with toothbrushes, windex, sudsy ammonia, boiling water, etc. It still seems the diamond has these tiny little whitish dots in the periphery of the diamond (outside of the table). They actually don't look like inclusions. They seem to be little reflections, or something. They look very similar to the back side of the prong.

Hopefully I can take a picture to post...

If it is dirt, and I am not cleaning it well enough, would a steam cleaning get rid of it???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results