shape
carat
color
clarity

New I color!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Here we go again, again!

What are your opinions of this stone:

Carat 0.82
Color I
Clarity SI1
Measurements (mm) 6.00-6.03 x 3.71
Table % 56
Depth % 61.6
Crown Angle ° 34.2
Crown % 15
Pavilion Angle ° 40.9
Pavilion % 43
Polish Ideal
Symmetry Ideal
Girdle Faceted 1.0% to 2.0%
Culet Pointed
Fluorescence Negligible

Cut Advisor: Ex, Ex, Ex, Vg. 1.1

Price: $2700

Clarity pic should be shown below. (I''m so distrustful.
3.gif
)

Thanks in advance for opinions!

-Melissa

rockreporti.jpg

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Very, very nice proportions!! I'm bit worried cause all the inclusions are right in the middle of the table... Can you call the vendor and ask for a verbal description or, even better, a picture?

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
I will be able to see a picture of it before purchase. I'm assured that the inclusions don't show, but of course I want to see for myself.

Do you think that if I waited I might find something better in the same price-range....around $3000?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Is it from whiteflash?
If so, then NO!
9.gif

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
It is! Do you mean their stones are great, or they don't carry a lot of nice stones in that price range?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I mean that they sell only GORGEOUS diamonds!! Lesley is as great as her stones too!!!!!
2.gif
9.gif

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
So, here's the picture of the diamond I'm considering, which looks so perfect that I find it hard to believe it's my specific stone!

The only thing is, there does seem to be something strange going on with the centering or symmetry near the culet, and the symmetry is graded ideal. Any thoughts?

-Melissa

(By the way, Judi is the one helping me there.)

.82 I SI1 picture.JPG

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

PS Judi is great too!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The whole crew at White Flash is aaallllmmmmmooooossstttt as GREAT as their diamonds!!!!!
love.gif

Keep in mind that is a magnified pic. Also, WF has a great NO QUESTIONS ASKED return policy. If you don't like it when you see it, which I highly doubt
2.gif
, just call for a return authorization and send it back. WF gives prompt refunds!

I previewed 2 ACA's, chose one, and shipped both back. I selected a SI1 over a VS2, BTW. WF custom made my diamond pendant/necklace and promptly refunded the purchase price of the second diamond. Totally FANTASTIC buying experience!
1.gif

Also, the CUT is sooooooo GREAT, you can mount that diamond in white gold or platinum! ACA's are absolutely MARVELOUS!
wacko.gif

PS,.... That's a reflection of the table showing "around" the cutlet.
2.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
hi dancingmelimel,

because this is from whiteflash, i would say you've got no worries. like pq said, if you're unhappy, they've got a great return policy. but i don't think you'll be unhappy. a company like whiteflash takes pride in selling great diamonds. so their SI1s are very eye-clean.

go for it!
appl.gif

NewbieHere

Rough_Rock
Did you check out pricescope? There is a .95 I SI1 for $3182 and an .836 I SI1 in your price range as well. Do you have time to look around? If so I think you should take advantage of your time to see what else is out there.
2.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Unless you find another SUPER IDEAL CUT in that price range, you will be hard pressed to beat that A Cut Above from White Flash!
16.gif

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade

----------------
On 6/25/2003 2:38
6.gif
4 PM dancingmelimel wrote:
So, here's the picture of the diamond I'm considering, which looks so perfect that I find it hard to believe it's my specific stone!

The only thing is, there does seem to be something strange going on with the centering or symmetry near the culet, and the symmetry is graded ideal. Any thoughts?

-Melissa

(By the way, Judi is the one helping me there.)----------------
Hi Melissa-I think that the picture might have been taken with the stone lying down which would account for the misalignment of some of the pavillion mains with the center of the cutlet from the angle at which the photo was taken. I think the true representation of the stones internal symmetry is shown with the Hearts & Arrows images taken from the hearts and arrows viewer below the pictured stone. I don't think Whiteflash would sell stones which truly have the internal image pictured on this photo. I have bought 4 of there small accent stones. The .10 cts. and I put all of these in the viewer and enlarged the image with a 10 loupe and saw nothing but bold crisp arrows and strong vibrant hearts images. Truly beautiful stones.

-Good Luck...

-Josh Rioux
Sitka, Alaska
16.gif

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
You guys have all been fantastic! Thank you so much for taking the time to give me your opinions.
appl.gif

I'm feeling very reassured and excited, as well as a little freaked out because this is a large purchase, but I think I'm going to go for it!

Now you know I'm going to be bugging you all with questions about appraisals, settings and more. I'll try not to drive everyone nuts. As difficult as choosing a diamond is, the setting, ah, the setting will be so much harder.
loopy.gif

-Melissa

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hey Melissa!
wavey.gif

Check out the Eye Candy Folder in the Show Me the Ring Forum. There are lots of gorgeous rings there and you can pick up some really neat ideas!
1.gif

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Oh, dear......What effect does an off-center culet have? I'm not refering to this stone, but to a stone that another store I was talking to first just faxed me a sarin report for. The numbers:

.97 ct
diam 6.38 (6.34-6.41)
depth 60.7 3.87mm
crown ang 34.5 (34.4-34.6) 0
pavil ang 40.6 (40.5-40.9) 0
culet 0.5 v. small
table 55.8 (55.3-56.1) 0
girdle 1.4 (.8-2.2) 0
proportion 0

I entered the averages into HCA and got a .6, but how meaningful is that when they're averages?

I'm also concerned that the profile of the girdle looks unevenly wavy, unlike most I've seen so far.

Please someone tell me whether I should believe the awesome HCA score or not! I'm running out of time to make a decision on the first stone, and I have to leave for work soon!
14.gif

-Melissa

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The girdle has a bit of a larger range which could cause the waviness, but who looks at a girdle?? Only you. It's so small in real life that you won't even be able to see it without a 10x loupe. Also, the waviness is not a defect.

I don't think the culet is off center. From what it looks like, the picture was taken with the photographer not in perfect alignment with the stone. For example if the photographer was an inch to the left while taking the picture (not head on), then the stone would look a little odd. ACA stones should NOT have off center culets...they are considered super ideals meaning that they are supposed to be the cream of the absolute best crop. Doesn't mean there COULD be a problem, but I would ask WF what their thoughts are and trust what they say. Tell them your concerns, but the consensus has been that WF is a treat to work with and their stones are nothing short of amazing. As you can see from the H&A images (what Josh pointed out), the culet looks centered..and the H&A images were taken face on as viewed through the viewer.

Definitely check out the Eye Candy forum, lots of ACA stones there. You will pay slightly more for the ACA premium, but it's definitely worth it.

1.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Off center culets and tables.

The importance of girdles.

Almost every round diamond will not have a perfectly centered table or culet.
Why because there are very few diamonds that have equal min and max measurements.

So the center on the axis of the min is different than the center of the axis that the max side is.

The consideration needed to analyze is how much off center is it?

If there is a large difference in the centering of the culet, then you end up with a stone that can be severely lopsided. This is especially true for princess cuts, where quadrant equalness is crucial.

Same goes for the centering of the table. If the off centering is a tenth of a percentage, its isn't a big deal... but again, the stone needs to be seen.

As for the girdles, this is the foundation for a properly cut stone. The girdling is done first, and if it isn't straight or has large variances, then the facets meeting the girdle will be "out of sync" as well.

Small variances between the facets is acceptable, but you need to know all the information before making a proper and informed decision. The ability to analyze this means the gemologist, seller -appraiser need the advanced equipment to be able to tell.

GIA/AGS etc. certs do not provide this information. Very few appraisers can provide it unless they have the upgraded Sarin equipment.

NO one can tell you this without seeing and testing the diamond.

Rockdoc

dancingmelimel

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mara, RockDoc,

I'm afraid you seem to have missed the fact that my last post was refering to a different stone than I posted photos etc. for. The sarin info on that post is for an E Vs2 .92ct stone from someone else....not Whiteflash. The sarin report said the culet was off center. Anyway, this stone turns out to be out of my price range, and I've decided to get the WF stone, knowing I can return it if I change my mind.

Thanks again for the help!

By the way, I've already looked at the Eye Candy. Lots of beautiful rings, but nothing that's exactly my style. (Still trying to figure out exactly what that would be.
3.gif
)

-Melissa

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results