shape
carat
color
clarity

new here looking for input

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hopingforaring

Rough_Rock
hey everybody! i''ve been lurking around here for the past few weeks trying to find out as much info as possible. i''m not supposed to be looking at diamonds, my boyfriend says that''s his job. just trying to point him in the right direction. can''t blame a girl for trying! anyway, onto my question. i''ve been looking at a few loose stones at DCD and wanted to see what you guys thought. i know NOTHING about diamonds to be perfectly honest so your knowledge will be very helpful. thanks!

Round Brilliant $3,946 EGL
1.16ct
H
SI1
depth= 61.2
table= 60
polish= VG
symmetry= VG
fluoresence= None
6.81x6.75x4.15

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
hopingforaring,

If that diamond were GIA graded and had ideal proportions the stone would cost about $1500 more. That''s a heck of a jump considering the relative price of the stone. Without knowing anything else about the diamond that tells me that this stone is probably a soft grade - "I" in color and probably "SI2" in clarity. I wouldn''t know for sure unless we brought the diamond in for evaluation but I''m pretty sure that''ll be the case.

So, what should that mean to you? Well, If the stone is still white (even as an "I") and the inclusions are totally invisible to the naked eye (even as an SI2) then $3900 is a good price. You may, however, find that for that kind of money you can get a slightly better proportioned GIA stone that is less likely to be overgraded. Check around my site and others and see what you can find.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results