shape
carat
color
clarity

New here! Is My future stone any good? Please help!

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!
This is my first post here as I just found out about this site today, my fiancé has ordered my engagement ring and this is the diamond he’s picked -

www.jamesallen.com

Lab-Created 1.59 Carat G-SI2 Ideal Cut Round Diamond
8523662 - This 1.59 Carat Round diamond G Color SI2 Clarity has Ideal proportions and a diamond grading report from IGI
www.jamesallen.com
www.jamesallen.com

In terms of diamonds how does this measure up? Will it be sparkling? I’m afraid of getting a dim stone :/

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I replied to your original thread, but am glad to see you here. Do you mind if I ask what your budget is? I have not purchased from JA but I don’t recall their loose stone pricing to be super competitive, however, I don’t see too many people asking about SI2s so perhaps you found a good deal!
If you want to search more, I found RareCarat’s search engine to be useful.
I still think it’s odd that there isn’t a clarity plot/chart on your cert- it would be nice for you get the whole story before you purchase.

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
Hi, we used James Allen because we are in Australia and they automatically converted the price to aud which I found very helpful. I’ve been trying to locate a plot report but JA said that this was all they had, is there anything else I can do? We’ve already paid for the stone but there is still time to exchange or return. We paid $3771 aud for the diamond :)

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Regarding the clarity plot: I don’t know if you can get one. The IGI reports generally have one, and given this is an SI2, it’d be a good idea to know what is contributing to the clarity grade that we might miss in a little video, like clouds.

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
Regarding the clarity plot: I don’t know if you can get one. The IGI reports generally have one, and given this is an SI2, it’d be a good idea to know what is contributing to the clarity grade that we might miss in a little video, like clouds.

I really hope we don’t have clouds. We didn’t really know much before proceeding I just knew for our budget it had minimal inclusions :/ now I’m very worried we’ve made a huge mistake

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
It seems like your boyfriend did a good job learning about diamonds. The proportions are well within what we suggest for buying an ideal cut stone and the face up picture looks great. G is a great color as well. Do you have a video?The only unknown is regarding the inclusions and if they will be acceptable to you. I would have them ship the diamond so you can inspect it with your own eyes then send it back to be set if they are doing it. Good luck!

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, we used James Allen because we are in Australia and they automatically converted the price to aud which I found very helpful. I’ve been trying to locate a plot report but JA said that this was all they had, is there anything else I can do? We’ve already paid for the stone but there is still time to exchange or return. We paid $3771 aud for the diamond :)
If the diamond is as clean as it looks, you did really well! Since it’s already ordered, why not just wait for it to arrive and let your eyes make the final call. Are you ordering the setting from JA too or having it done locally?

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
We are having them do the setting too the flush fit micro pave in white gold :) the mall jewellers in Australia are terrible! This is that they are asking for -

FAB6FDF8-FD32-4A4C-9127-350247CDD627.png B691F4EA-8915-4AD8-B883-0A8FD6C9DDF8.png

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
This is what James Allen have said. Do you think this will be relatively accurate?
00227C26-993B-4895-8A32-DBD4D5C2725B.png

Stephaniekate9210

Rough_Rock
0FA9D1C3-64AC-4607-B10C-1C617C8AA2BD.png I asked if the smaller inclusion next to the larger one would be visible too

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are they saying that they haven't got the grading report to hand?

The comment re: not all reports detailing what made the grade what it is, is correct, but JA should have access to the grading report to at least check.

FWIW it looks 'clean' from here. The large inclusion near the girdle in the 5-o'clock position should be able to be hidden under a prong, and it doesn't appear to be reflecting in other facets in the stone, so that is a good thing.

It is hard to tell from a screen if a stone looks at all 'hazy' - I think doing some comparisons with other stones would help that assessment.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results