shape
carat
color
clarity

new handbags for spring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Attention ladies, especially the ones that are picky about handbags as much as I am. Help me out, I have spent hours looking at spring handbags at eluxury, Louis Vuitton, Coach, and even D&B. Nothing is catching my eye. Help me pick, its driving me nuts. I am still using a Burberry from Christmas and the plaid isn''t looking great right now. I am tired of it anyway. I need a medium handbag not a super large anything! I appreciate the input and I need to order one today! I tend to lean towards khaki and white prints but I am open to anything.

Lori-yellowfan

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Lori, you just might have to go to the mall. Sometimes, looking around can help you zero in on what you want. Do you like Gucci? Also, do you have any local boutiques in your area? Sometimes, they carry very unique lines and unusual stlyes. I have found some great stuff in places like that.

1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Kenneth Cole's spring bags...I have one of their pink medium versions for spring this year. For fall I was using a great longer larger baguette style in a great dark olive green, I got it on discount at Loehmanns and I have gotten so many compliments on it...too funny.

Oh and since you note khaki and white, I think Coach is doing a bunch of those types of colors for spring...my Mom got me one for Xmas that I did not like so she returned it and got me the KC bag.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been looking for a good handbag for about six months now. Everything is too busy for me so I''ve just kept the fall one for winter. It''s actually in good shape but I''m bored with it.

Eluxury does have some cute styles, but I think it would be difficult to pick a purse online. I like to touch the fabric and see how it looks in a full-length mirror before buying.

Mara, I''m thinking of getting a pink purse. Nordstrom has a cute, simple, nylon Kate Spade bag that looks light and airy. I wonder if this would look good with all my clothes??? hmmmm. . .Are you getting a second purse to coordinate with non matching pinks and other colors?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Prada also has khaki for Spring--trimmed with red or dark orange if memory serves. Kate Spade usually has some cute offerings also. I like cruising Neiman''s & Saks online--gives one a sense of what is out there and the cost.

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Lori,
I was in the same boat as you looking for a great bag for the spring and summer. I just bought a beautiful bag at Neiman''s that is by Cole Haan. My teenage daughter loves it so it must be ok!! The style is Box.Satchel w/chain. Item no# Bo8497. I bought it for $265. It''s the perfect size IMO and is white. I also love Marc Jacobs bags, but wanted something not as big. Hope this helps!!
2.gif

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Lori,

I don''t know if this will help, but...
I am the pickiest person in the world about handbags. If you want to spend some $$$, go to Hermes. Be careful, once you start, you will NEVER go back. I have five now, including a 35 cm Kelly bag which is one of my most prized possessions.
9.gif

The Herbag is nice starter bag. It''s two bags in one. (I don''t own one personally.) The Evelyne and Vespa are cool too. (I have these.) The good thing about them is they hold their value, especially the Birkins and Kellys. The bad thing is that it leaves you less $$$ for sparklies.
7.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone:

Thanks for the advice. I went to the mall and looked at Coach and other brands and found nothing. I purchased a summer handbag for vacations, you know the ones that are similar to SAK brands. I had no luck and now sore feet. DD got a great deal on sterling silver earrings at Famous Barr though and a cute 2 piece bathing suit so she was happy. I guess I am just to picky and should get a wristlet! ha ha. The hunt continues and I hope that I find the perfect bag soon.

Thanks again,
21.gif

Lori

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually have other bags I use when the ''color'' one for the season does not match, aka my black Prada or my small LV monogram...but for the most part I hate switching purses so I MAKE it match...hee hee.

I am famous for wearing something like light blue linen pants, a pale orange tank layered with a white tank and a pink purse. To me all the colors are happy so they match. My mom who is more of the old-fashioned color way of thinking often says to me...that doesn''t MATCH!!! I tel her...they are all pastels!
9.gif

The rest of the time I usually just wear blacks, esp for work, and then of course a ''color'' purse goes with everything!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2005 2:57
6.gif
8 PM
Author: Mara
I actually have other bags I use when the ''color'' one for the season does not match, aka my black Prada or my small LV monogram...but for the most part I hate switching purses so I MAKE it match...hee hee.

I am famous for wearing something like light blue linen pants, a pale orange tank layered with a white tank and a pink purse. To me all the colors are happy so they match. My mom who is more of the old-fashioned color way of thinking often says to me...that doesn''t MATCH!!! I tel her...they are all pastels!
9.gif

The rest of the time I usually just wear blacks, esp for work, and then of course a ''color'' purse goes with everything!!
I''m the same in that I just use one purse for a season. It''s too much of a hassle to switch out all my stuff and to me a purse is more of a short-term purchase that I buy one and use it for as long as it''s needed and then move on. Generally, I''ve stuck with safe designs like Coach, but that pink K. Spade one is calling my name. lol

If I had tons of money though. . .I''d probably buy five purses and all the misc. items FOR EACH so I''d be able to grab one and go. But, to buy all the makeup for each purse and wallets, etc., it''d cost as much as these five purses as is! lol

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
hmm...Maybe some of the Lambertson Truex bags? Saks has some cute ones!

Did you look at the Epi leather items at LV? I like those too!

I love my YSL(esp. Tom Ford era, flower bags, mombasas) and Miu Miu but I realize they''re not everyone''s cup of tea.

I''ve started to like some LV..the Epi mainly. I bought a monogram Alma and a Cherry Blossom, but I still have buyer''s remorse over those logos.
38.gif
I''m thinking of trading them(consignment) for a nice calm Epi piece. I love my Epi alma. I do have a soft spot for the S. Sprouse Graffiti items(hard to find) too. shrug. Doesn''t get much busier than that but it works somehow. maybe it feels not-so reverent and logo-worship''n.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
I am the pickiest person in the world about handbags. If you want to spend some $$$, go to Hermes. Be careful, once you start, you will NEVER go back. I have five now, including a 35 cm Kelly bag which is one of my most prized possessions.
9.gif

Hope to join you in Hermes land soon(I love the Kelly bags, esp. the crocs). I just can''t decide solidly and for the cost, it''s a huge commitment!

Maybe this is how men feel about proposing?!
9.gif
10.gif

cute330xigrl

Shiny_Rock
Ohhh, the Hermes Leap. I havent made that jump yet and won''t dare look at it. I did however, almost jumped to Chanel, but at the last minute opted for diamonds in a necklace instead. Imagine that.

I love Gucci for the everyday work day bags.... For fun bags, Kenneth Cole has the best stuff cos you can ALWAYS find something awesome by him on sale. He jus has such a large selection.... and Loehmanns Rules!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ahh today I was in Loehmanns and fell in instant love with this cutie hot pink Paige Novick bag (never heard of her but I guess she sells in Macys and other similar stores)...it''s the softest pink leather and a shoulder bag with a wide strap but just fits nicely under the arm, and the shape of the bag is flat with a big flap foldover with two big buckles and a magnet closure. the crowning cutie glory is the inside is tan suede rimmed with lime green leather, SO CUTE!!!! perfect for summer.

the best part is it retails for $125 and it was $69...woo hoo. got a few things for work and some other Juicy items (white terry motorcycle coat and black linen straight lounge pants) that work great with it as well. OH and a STEAL--black Coach ''Amara'' heeled thong sandals with a metal butterfly across the foot for $69, retail was $160!!
I LOVE Loehmanns even if my wallet does not!
9.gif

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god - I love Coach''s spring line - there''s one that I really wanted, it''s big, and it has a suede part that comes in yellow, turqoise or hot pink. The main part of the bag is tan, I think.

I just got a cute Coach tote yesterday from Lord & Taylor. Only the handle and logo is leather , so the price wasn''t that bad. But I''m telling you, I had to rip myself away from the big, $348 one. Reall,y that money should be spent on diamonds - although hand bags are close second in my book...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock

I'm such a tired old hag that I don't get new purses for the season...only when one floats my boat...and that's not too often thank god...

THIS in THEORY, does it for me. It's a 2005 Gucci.

I think it's so beautiful. It reminds me of my china!
I would never wear this or buy it...but in bizarro world, I'd wear this..it's just not me right now.

I like huge handbags and they're almost always black. Wattayagonnado.

bag.jpg.jpg

surfermegz

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone I'm new here! Just wanted to let you ladies know I am a handbag lover.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2005 1:23:29 PM
Author: moremoremore

I''m such a tired old hag that I don''t get new purses for the season...only when one floats my boat...and that''s not too often thank god...

I like huge handbags and they''re almost always black. Wattayagonnado.

All my purses are black as well. This is the reason I''ve hesitated to buy the pink purse I''m loving since it''s so bright and doesn''t match some of my clothes.

Which Kate Spade purse (as you mentioned in your rug post) have you picked out? There''s a couple of her purses I''m considering, but I have to wait as I went shoe and sandle shopping and now can barely make my car payment
6.gif
hehehe!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2005 1:23:29 PM

does it for me. It''s a 2005 Gucci.I think it''s so beautiful. It reminds me of my china!
I like huge handbags and they''re almost always black. Wattayagonnado.
HI:

I love this bag and their similar patterns--but in the mid size version. I am not a big handbag person--and I am beginning to regret buying that VL Speedy--midsize, as it is just too big for me; and then there is the issue of all those LV logo''s...........

Prada, a few seasons ago, had a superb wristlet--and this was just to my taste--wish I had bought it; but instead I got their shoulder bag. Come to think of it, some of my fav. bags whether black or fusha or whatever have been wristlet styles. Just enuf for a credit card and 10 tubes of lipstick......
Now if LV would only make a style like that in the Epi, I would be in heaven....
Mind you that new Burberry one is a honey....

cheers--Sharon

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I just feel so out of place with a small bag...it''s probably b/c I"m very tall and plump these days...I feel like a small bag looks stupid on me! All you cute petite ladies get to wear the small bags! :)
Coach had a diaper bag I liked LOL...Too bad I have no kids!

Here is the Kate Spade...I need to check it out though b/c her bags don''t strike me as being too well made...we''ll see!

And I think it''s on hold anyway...I''m really taking advantage now... i keep adding "little projects" this this bathroom reno..which had expanded to painting other rooms LOL
11.gif

kate.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Gosh gee, I''m feeling really cheap on bags. I just picked up a cute little hot pink straw bag at WalMart for $7. Total throw away bag but fun and perky for spring. JCPenny also has some cute ones that are under $35. I wish I had the money to spend on Coach etc. but I''d rather spend it on diamonds :)

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...your $7 bag is definitely a keeper...you just need to keep in mind that I have a total of 2 handbags that I will wear until the end of eternity...pathetic...and not many diamonds either
1.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Moremoremore,
Get the diaper bag!!! I''ve got a Coach one that I use as a carry-on when we travel.....and I don''t have kids
14.gif

I love handbags almost as much as I love shooooeeeessssss! I see that the big ones are back in style and saw this at www.bloomingdales.com and am still contemplating buying it in black.

bloomiebag.jpg

surfermegz

Rough_Rock
Big bags are the best way to go right now. What is your price range? I just bought a new Coach tote and used it for my 2 week vacation to Europe earlier this month. It was great but the handles sometimes did not seem long enough for my liking. Another bag I am digging right now is the Luella Baby Gisele Leather Tote. What do you think?
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2005 9:46:10 AM
I just feel so out of place with a small bag...it''s probably b/c I''m very tall and plump these days...I feel like a small bag looks stupid on me! All you cute petite ladies get to wear the small bags! :)

Here is the Kate Spade...I need to check it out though b/c her bags don''t strike me as being too well made...we''ll see!

And I think it''s on hold anyway...I''m really taking advantage now... i keep adding ''little projects'' this this bathroom reno..which had expanded to painting other rooms LOL
11.gif
This is cute! I love simple bags that can match just about anything. Buckles really get on my nerves. . .they''re over stimulating or something. . .

How am I suppose to figure out what the hell to do with all the various buckles after I''ve had three glasses of wine
6.gif
lol ? I''d never find my MAC lip glass!
9.gif

FWIW, I never used a diaper bag and in fact, chose regular purses that would work as diaper bags SO it only seem appropriate that a diaper bag could be used as a regular purse
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2005 11:27
6.gif
3 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen

Date: 3/31/2005 9:46:10 AM
FWIW, I never used a diaper bag and in fact, chose regular purses that would work as diaper bags SO it only seem appropriate that a diaper bag could be used as a regular purse
2.gif
HI:

Great logic! I had a couple of hobo bags in the mid-eighties--never used them much b/c of their size, but had I saved them they would have been useful as you mention MIchelleCarmen/MMM; and "vintage" to boot! Alas, I am always behind the game.....

cheers--Sharon

surfermegz

Rough_Rock
The new Coach diaper bag can and is used as a bag often! It''s quilted and holds up well and is cute with many compartments. It has a zipper closure and comes in black, pink and blue I beleive.
1.gif

whyyoudomelikethis

Rough_Rock
Hey,I am a handbags freak.I just brought my first hermes kelly bag,and I love it.I have evreything from gucci,fendi,prada,prage lv,dkny,xoxo and so many more but girl I love this hermes the best...
emwink.gif
GET A KELLY BAG!!!!

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Whydo...

Congrats on your Kelly Bag. I have been collecting Hermes for 20+ years. Once you buy Hermes, you will find it difficult to use anything else. One suggestion--periodically and regularly--bring your bag to Hermes to be cleaned and refurbished. It''s remarkably inexpensive. I have never paid more than $40 per bag. If you do this and are careful how/where you use it (I buckle my bag with a seat belt when I drive.) Your bag will look pristine for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results