shape
carat
color
clarity

New Halo - Opinions wanted

natlaw

Rough_Rock
So for my 10 year I got a halo for my 1.7 round. Talked to our local jeweler and took their recommendation with an overnightmountings cushion halo for a round. Even though it is a sparkler...I am not 100% sure I am in love with it. I think the stones around are too big...they are .2 and it sits up quite high. Lastly I a, wondering if the prongs are too bulky and my preference would have been to have slightly rounder edges....pics included? Thoughts? Am I being mental??!

_2291.jpeg

_2292.jpeg

_2293.jpeg

natlaw

Rough_Rock
Prior ring was band with a Cartier basket that sat significantly lower....thanks again!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
I think all the points you made are valid and you should listen to your inner self and rethink your setting - but them I am not a over of high set rings that seem to be perched on a band

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock
It's gorgeous and very blingy! The larger halo stones do take away from your gorgeous main stone however...It's gets a bit lost. I'd go with your gut feeling.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What did you envision for your halo? Did you have a certain look in mind? Or did you just come upon this setting? As a serial resetter, I've gone through my share of halos. I've had some with a very dainty look so as not to overwhelm the stone, but I only recently realized that the reason I didn't care for those dainty halo is that my stone is not colorless. It's a k. And tiny meter seemed to highlight the contrast between these stone and my tint. So I'm ok with my slightly bigger melee. But you have to decide what look you are after. Also, shape is really important so if you aren't happy with the overall shape, maybe you should keep looking.
One tip since you are on the fence. Have one of your girlfriends wear it and model it for you. This helps me decide if I like the overall effect of the ring. Like, is my eye drawn to it? Would I lust after that ring if I saw it on another person? Would I dismiss it? Would I notice the center stone or would I appreciate the overall look?

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful halo ring!

PieNecessity

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful!

When it comes to halos, chunky vs dainty are two very different looks. I don't think either one is objectively better at all. It all comes down to what you personally like. Bigger melee gives that fantastic sparkly whereas dainty melee is meant to subtly enhance your center stone. Both can look really gorgeous! It's up to you to decide what you really want and what you envision when you think of halos.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the return policy? Can you get a refund? I think that maybe you should start from scratch if you can get your money back with a different vendor. Clean slate.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Natlaw, if your ring had previously been set as a solitaire you may just need a little time to adjust to the bling you get with a halo. I also have a halo ring and I have to admit it took me a while to get used to it. I second Nala's suggestion for having one of your friends try it on.
I did this often and loved how it looked when seeing it that way. I think you may just have to give yourself a little time to get used to a differnt look. I think your ring looks beautiful on your hand.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results