shape
carat
color
clarity

New Granite Install

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi.. I just wanted to share pictures of our new granite and copper sink. We finally had this part of the kitchen done, after a year long of various issues that held us up. We had the first fabricator go out of business ( along with our 1,000 dollar deposit that we lost) The second fabricator sold our slab the we put another $1,000 deposit to hold it. It actually worked out in our favor since we were able to get our money back and found a much nicer type of granite. With our further ado..

We have travertine tile, with black granite inserts, cream glazed cabinets, and typhoon bordeaux granite..

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
can''t wait to see pics. We are going to be doing our kitchen in a few months...

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry.. I had to resize

0_IMAGE_049.jpg

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
I love my copper sink

0_IMAGE_050.jpg

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
We are thinking of getting this table by Artistica. A bit pricey, but great detail.

marquessdiningtable.jpg

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Lovely color, congrats!

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
This is what the slab looked like . It is very difficult to invision how it will be cut . Once it is polished and fabricated, it usually looks so much nicer. We went with an Ogee edge. The pictures really don''t do justice to how beautiful the stone is.

0_IMAGE_041.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my, it looks FABULOUS!! What a great kitchen you''re going to have when it''s all said and done!

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the compliments!! The pics are not great quality since they are from my phone.

The colors are so nice.. very soft but vibrant earth tones at the same time. There is even a hint of a grey - lavender , but mostly cream, carmel, tan, putty..brown and a very hint of black.

My hubby keeps saying it is like giving birth.. he has been doing all the work himself

April20

Ideal_Rock
It looks fabulous! I love your sink.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
looks fabulous!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh it is so beautiful!!!! congrats!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Granite color, and love that extra details with the bevel edge. Gorgeous, and that table looks stunning!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh, beautiful! Very inspiring!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just gorgeous! I've never seen such beautiful granite!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Is there a lot of up keep for a copper sink?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2009 7:08:48 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Beautiful! Is there a lot of up keep for a copper sink?

I wondered that too-it''s so dang pretty, I think I''d just deal w/any upkeep on it!

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
There is a bit more upkeep with the copper sink. Acids like lemons can "freckle" the patina, but
it usually corrects itself . The patina is sealed and there is a special cream we have to use
Once I saw it, there was no turning back. We have a beautiful matching faucet that is antique copper ( not the oil rubbed bronze ) I will post more once we have the rest done

We are also going with mini tumbled stones in creams and off whites going in a subway tile style

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is so pretty! I love the granite you picked.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results