shape
carat
color
clarity

new gems from mastercut

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Boy, I'm loving the mailman these days. Today's mail brought a package with a few new treasures from Dana at mastercut. Dana could not be a nicer guy! Here's a couple of pictures of my new mint garnet and seafoam tourmaline. Both are really beautiful in person, and as usual, my pictures do not do them justice.

I'd like to have the tourmaline set in some sort of pendant. The picture I see in my head is a filigree heart with the tourmaline in the middle. I've seen many posts about etsy vendors (onegarnetgirl, janishjewels, kyleannemetals, and of course, danielm), does anyone want to put in a plug for a particular vendor for this project?

Seafoam tourmaline.jpg

Mint Garnet.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love the cut on the first one. Looks like an OEC. Yummy.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh so YOU'RE the seafoam tourm bandit! I'd been eyeing that one-can't wait to see what you do w/it! The mint is really pretty too!

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, athenaworth, it's even yummier in person!

Packrat, I'm sorry! Hope I didn't steal it out from under you.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Im actually tired of checking mastercut for the promised new stones that fail to show up month after month. Each month there is a new promised date that fails to bring anything and it usually takes a month after that is passed before another date is set not to be realized.
I'm glad you managed to get something you like, that rectangle looks very sparkly.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Love the seafoam tourm, for both the color and the interesting cut.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
VapidLapid|1308338943|2948570 said:
Im actually tired of checking mastercut for the promised new stones that fail to show up month after month. Each month there is a new promised date that fails to bring anything and it usually takes a month after that is passed before another date is set not to be realized.
I'm glad you managed to get something you like, that rectangle looks very sparkly.

Dana did post this today:
ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE HAS HACKED INTO OUR SERVER AND HAS GOTTEN OUR EMAIL DATABASE AND IS SENDING OUT EMAILS TO ALL MY CLIENTS TRYING TO SELL THEIR FACET ROUGH FROM NIGERIA.... THE COMPANY AGNISAMA.COM IS A NIGERIA BASED WEBSITE SELLING FACET ROUGH. I DO NOT HAVE A CLUE ABOUT THEM BUT I DID NOT SEND THEM OUT OR DO NOT HAVE ANY AFFILIATION WITH THEM. SO PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THEM AS IT IS NOT ME OR MY COMPANY; I HAVE NO CLUE IF THEY ARE REAL OR NOT??? I AM SO SORRY FOR ANY HARM OR INCONVIENCE THIS MAY HAVE CAUSED ANY OF YOU. I HAVE CALLED THE COMPUTER GUY AND REPORTED THIS ISSUE AND THEY WILL ADDRESS IT. THANK YOU , DANA

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Okie_girl, I really like both your new stones (and your kitty avatar)!

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Vapidlapid, the garnet is incredibly sparkly IRL.

Thanks indylady and herekittykitty!

I managed to snap a couple of pictures that are better than the first ones I posted. These are a little more representative of the actual colors of the stones.

Garnet n tourmaline.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are beauties! I luv the emerald cut! Congrats on your new gems! :appl:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock

It'll probably happen more once the growing/harvesting season ends :lol:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no, I was hemming and hawing about it, you definitely didn't snag it from me-I'm glad a PSer got it so we can see it set! Do you have plans for it yet? Did I already ask that? I'm too lazy to scroll down and see.

I got that weird email from the Nigerian place yesterday..I was all excited and then was like WTF??

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Okie_girl ....thank you for such kind words :) I am very happy you liked them :)

VL... I am sorry you have been disappointed in my updates; it is like that song from Little Feat " my mind makes promises sometimes my body can't fill " but food crops wait for no man and I am a slave to the fields these days... :)

Davi... you are correct :)

PR... sorry you got one of those also :(

I put that all into words on my homepage; but I do want to thank everyone for their patience with me as I do have another job... It does not pay that well but it does feed the family :)

I will try to do my best in the near future and will not announce anything until I have loaded it all and all I have to do is click a button and it will be visible; but I do understand and I am sorry for thinking I will have time when I do not; I lost my SM cape a few years ago and really need to find a new one ;-)

As for the hacking thing; I did find out from my server guy that it was a mistake on their end and the mailing portion of the site got swapped during routine server servicing and it was not really a hack job but a mistake on the server end. So no one is compromised; I did look at their site and even though I have had reservations with Nigeria and the trust factor; the guy had some interesting rough. I will check him out and let you know if it is all legitimate.

Thank you all again for putting up with my inability to know one day from the next what will happen; but I will do my best to correct what needs correcting :)

Have a great weekend and to all the Fathers I wish the best of Fathers Day ...

Most respectfully;

Dana

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VL: thanks for voicing what many of us have been thinking for some time. This vendor is well-intended for sure, but bites off more than he can chew. Like many of us, it appears that he has some time management issues and doesn't get to all the things on his list. I would suggest, unfortunately, that this is the way it is, and you have to go with his flow if you want to purchase from him. I have faith that if you contact him, he will eventually respond to your request - but you have to be zen about it. =)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:oops: :oops: Oops, sorry, I didn't see your reply, Dana, when I wrote that last response...mine is definitely redundant and moot after your post - sorry bout that. :errrr:

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Those are really pretty. The colors are lovely.

Heart of Water Jewels and Master68uk on Etsy do detailed designs that you might like for the pendant.

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Glad a PSer got the tourmaline :appl: Now we get to see more photos on it! :bigsmile:

I was eyeing that stone as well, but decided on another gem in the end. Will post when I get it, though it would probably take another week or so.

I agree Dana is such a nice person! I am sure he is trying his best to meet everyone's needs. I can't wait to see more of his gemstones!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Nice looking stones, and I really love the color of the seafoam, especially in your second set of photos!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Those are really pretty! I like delicate pastel colors in gemstones.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Those are really pretty! I like delicate pastel colors in gemstones.

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Packrat, good...I'm glad I didn't snag the tourm out from under you. My plan is to put it in a pendant, but I don't want just a plain "drop" type pendant. I want something a little more charm-like, if you will, with the stone set in the middle. I also have a picture in my head for the mint garnet, but that one may take a little more doing.

Zestfullybling, thanks, I'm really happy with them!

Burberrygirl, thanks for the etsy vendor recommendations, I'll check those out.

Happybear, can't wait to see what you got!

Colorluvr, the color in the second set of photos is closer, but still not quite like real life. I need to brush up my photo taking skills!

Jstar, i'm really drawn to the pastels, too. Not that I don't love a nice rich blue or purple, but the pastels seem to get me every time.

I've been out of town for a few days....my sweet mother passed away 6 months ago, so I try to go visit my dad as often as I can. Got home this evening, and what's the first thing I did? Say hello to my little gem family!!!! Okay, really it was the second thing I did, had to greet all the cats and dogs first. But the gems were second...I think that officially makes me a goner.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results