shape
carat
color
clarity

New England Gem Labs - great service!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Margarw

Rough_Rock
If anyone lives in the Connecticut area and is looking for someone to do an appraisal, I highly recommend Cindy Konney - New Englad Gem Labs. I found her through a link on Pricescope. Now that I am becomming a little more educated (thanks to all of you who post on here!), I know the importance of a quality appraisal, for insurance purposes. Over the years (back in my less informed days, I have had several local jewelers appraise different pieces for me, and after seeing Cindy''s appraisal, it''s like the other guys were just flying by the seat of their pants. I didn''t understand the difference between a "jewler" and a certified gemologist appraiser. Cindy spent a couple of hours with me, took pictures, used acid test to verify platinum, explained her ratings and did her ratings first, then looked at GIA certs (saying she didn''t want to just "rubber stamp" them. The bottom line is that for what I considered a very reasonable cost, I left her office more educated, and with supporting documentation for about $45,000.00 worth of insurance coverage, a true life replacement value for my items. Anyway, I just wanted to write in, and to share my positive experience with NE Gem Labs. If it wasn''t for this wonderful website, I probably wouldn''t have found her and would have been pretty badly underinsured in the event of a loss. Up until this point my items were scheduled on my homeowners, and I was paying a pretty premium on the pieces valued at over 10K. I mentioned this to Cindy when we were talking about the price of insuring items, and she provided me with a slew of literature on different companies which specialize in jewelrey insurance. I took all of the stuff home, read through it all, and sure enough, I found one company (Touchstone), where even with a zero deductable, I''m saving a nice chunk of change over my homeowners. I just thought I''d pass on the good news of a job well done! Thanks all!

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Margaret! Thanks so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure appraising your treasured items. Sometimes I feel like the Geico Gecko...."I love my job!" Thanks again, Cindy

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
kewl! Glad you had a great experience!

Nice to see you around here again Cindy we have missed you posting all the time!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here: it''s nice to see you back here again. We appreciate your expertise here.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Hi Cindy...........

Long time no see....... How''s the snow there?

Hope you''re doing well.

Rockdoc

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say that I second you Margarw!!

Cindy is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!! She did the appraisal on my ering with the new stone in it as well as my wedding band. She truly is a pleasure to work with. I could spend hours and hours talking with her. I''ll be heading back there soon with my new pendant and my RHR. Anyone in this area should definitely consider going to her!!

KT

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi strmrdr,

I have been so busy in the last several years that I have not had time to keep in "good graces"...I will try to be more available and post more often....Cindy (very busy in Old Lyme!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results